Tamiya Honda S2000 1/24

Hi there,

this is my latest finished build another great kit from Tamiya. Very straight forward kit no problems whatsoever and my first opportunity to try out the Tamiya LP paints. The LP paints are a joy to use and may well become my first choice paints for car builds in the future.

Thanks for viewing

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Ian T said:

Great paint finish, I love it.

Thanks Ian give the Tamiya laquer paints a try same as the TS spray paint but in a 10 ml bottle they are awesome !

2 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Cracking build again Andy! Which particular LP colour is it?

Nice work!

Keith

Hi Keith, this is the LP Gunmetal they really are superb paints I also used the semi gloss black with the same result it's like spraying silk out of your airbrush ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Codger said:

Andy, I'm convinced you could make a great finish out of crayons.......:)

Yes probably as long as I can 2k clear over the top !!!!! 👍

• Like 1

It looks great in the one photo I've seen.

Could I ask if you resized your photos before uploading? They take an absolute age to load for me (more than 2 minutes per photo) so suspect that they are MB rather than KB.

11 minutes ago, bhouse said:

It looks great in the one photo I've seen.

Could I ask if you resized your photos before uploading? They take an absolute age to load for me (more than 2 minutes per photo) so suspect that they are MB rather than KB.

Hi, the photos are automatically formatted by my host site and as I've not received any issues before I can't say what the problem is your end. My technical skills in this department are at the best poor sorry for the problem you're having but as the saying goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it "

Regards Andy

11 hours ago, Andy J said:

Hi Keith, this is the LP Gunmetal they really are superb paints I also used the semi gloss black with the same result it's like spraying silk out of your airbrush ! 

Thanks Andy, seen a lot of good reviews of them so shall have to order some!

Keith

PS No problem with your pics here!

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Thanks Andy, seen a lot of good reviews of them so shall have to order some!

Keith

PS No problem with your pics here!

Hi Keith, if you order some LP paints make sure you order the retarder/thinner to mix the paint. It's the one with the orange top more expense but worth it. Mix it 50/50 spray then sit back and admire the brilliant finish.

Regards Andy

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I can't say what the problem is your end.

Hi Andy,

The problem is almost certainly that the photos are too big. There was recently a suggestion by the mods that posters reduce their image size (easily done on the popular hosting sites) to Kilobytes rather than Megabytes, so the many of us who don't have very fast broadband can see images - and generally help keep the internet a faster, happier place :)

Best,

Brian

ps love the model - I nearly bought a full-size one in that colour...

1 hour ago, bhouse said:

Hi Andy,

The problem is almost certainly that the photos are too big. There was recently a suggestion by the mods that posters reduce their image size (easily done on the popular hosting sites) to Kilobytes rather than Megabytes, so the many of us who don't have very fast broadband can see images - and generally help keep the internet a faster, happier place :)

Best,

Brian

ps love the model - I nearly bought a full-size one in that colour...

Hi Brian, I will see what I can do with the pic's next time I post a finished build.

Regards Andy

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

That'd be a first!! :)

Keith

I've seen your work Keith up there with the best. Let me know how you get on with the LP paints.

Cheers Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Andy J said:

Hi Keith, if you order some LP paints make sure you order the retarder/thinner to mix the paint. It's the one with the orange top more expense but worth it. Mix it 50/50 spray then sit back and admire the brilliant finish.

Regards Andy

Andy, I heartily recommend you now move to larger scales and classic cars and continue to thrill us. It would take some readjustment to your style and tools but I can see 'concours' finishes on Pocher Benz, Bugatti and Rolls coming from you.......

1 hour ago, Codger said:

Andy, I heartily recommend you now move to larger scales and classic cars and continue to thrill us. It would take some readjustment to your style and tools but I can see 'concours' finishes on Pocher Benz, Bugatti and Rolls coming from you.......

I must admit I have been thinking of moving to a larger scale. However I've decided to try out a less expensive 1/12 kit first probably the fiat mefistofele from italeri. If all goes well and I can keep my mojo going then who knows what could appear after that. I appreciate your constructive comments thank you.

Regards Andy

P.S. I have a couple of 1/24 scale cars to build first.

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

I must admit I have been thinking of moving to a larger scale. However I've decided to try out a less expensive 1/12 kit first probably the fiat mefistofele from italeri. If all goes well and I can keep my mojo going then who knows what could appear after that. I appreciate your constructive comments thank you.

Regards Andy

P.S. I have a couple of 1/24 scale cars to build first.

The Mef is a great project but requires a much less intense paint finish - it must look mostly 'old'. :confused:

6 minutes ago, Codger said:

The Mef is a great project but requires a much less intense paint finish - it must look mostly 'old'. :confused:

Fair comment I don't do mostly old I'd never sleep at night ! Oh well if you can think of something in a similar price bracket that requires a totally "new " finish I'm open to suggestions. I know Revell do a 1/16 Porsche 356 cabriolet maybe take a look at that 🤔

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

I know Revell do a 1/16 Porsche 356 cabriolet maybe take a look at that

Revell also do a 1/12 'modern' Shelby Mustang GT500, that I quite fancy but would have nowhere to put after building it! I think that would look good with a 2K finish, but to me personally, unless you were modelling a modern restored car, 2K looks far too glossy on something like a 356. But it's all personal taste...!! :)

Keith

Beautiful looking model, and a great finish to the paint. I would go so far as to say the only thing which gives its model-ness away if the thickness of the side windows, and it's not as though you can do anything about that!