Hawker hurricane static restoration IAF museum

Linescriber

So guys just shifted over from this thread.  in continuation of my quest to restore Hurricane Mk I P5202/Z7059 depending on which source you believe (although i would be P 5202 which shot down a Me110 on 11.9.40 whilst with 213 Sqn.)  I wanted to do a ACSEA marked aircraft but seems not possible??spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

i want to do it half exposed and unpainted and half covered and painted.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I find the main wheel hubs suspiciously like those of the vampire NF 10 parked next to it??

spacer.png

spacer.png

Dear Linescriber,

Thank you, oh thank you again! You've made my day, I've been looking for this confirmation for months!

For the wonderful help with the landing lamps under the belly of the XVIII. Now we, who want to model a FR.XVIII, know for sure that is there, and where exactly.

For me, who is a nitpicker of the Nth grade, that is extremely important. I suppose that others who finds accuracy important are equally pleased!

I'm very, very grateful!

All the best,

Tomas Enerdal

3 hours ago, Tomas Enerdal said:

Dear Linescriber,

Thank you, oh thank you again! You've made my day, I've been looking for this confirmation for months!

For the wonderful help with the landing lamps under the belly of the XVIII. Now we, who want to model a FR.XVIII, know for sure that is there, and where exactly.

For me, who is a nitpicker of the Nth grade, that is extremely important. I suppose that others who finds accuracy important are equally pleased!

I'm very, very grateful!

All the best,

Tomas Enerdal

Happy to be of help!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well done on all the effort you are putting in on this gorgeous aeroplane,...... could I point out that you have transposed the grey and green colours of the camouflage though,...... the dark Green section should actually be running through the cockpit area.......... camouflage patterns are pretty easy to find on line for the Hurricane;

https://www.emodels.co.uk/verben-1-48-hawker-hurricane-mk-i-raf-type-a-camouflage-48000.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Hurricane_in_Yugoslav_service#/media/File:Yu_Hurricane.jpg

JH125.jpg

It seems a shame to be putting o much effort into the job only to get the colour scheme wrong,

Cheers,

Tony

47 minutes ago, tonyot said:

could I point out that you have transposed the grey and green colours of the camouflage though,...... the dark Green section should actually be running through the cockpit area

It's only part painted Tony, the grey is primer.

I have corresponded with @Linescriber about this, the airframe is a composite,   and an authentic and representative scheme for a genuine wartime RIAF OTU is being considered, 

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Galleries/History/WW2/Moolgavkar

which would be appropriate as it appears to basically a Mk.I trop

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...