1/72 - Tupolev Tu-12 resin kit by VSV-Product - released

Homebee

An Albamarle with Jumo engines ;) ??? No, fast googling told me that it is Tu-2 with RR Nene...

Very strange looking beast

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

And here comes Harry Hill with the question:- IRMA Tu12, VSV Tu12. Which is better? Only one way to find out! F I G H T!  :mg:

Paul Harrison

Well that is pretty bold and interesting claim, which might not belong here. 

What makes me even more suspicious is that browser blocks IRMA's page from opening due to threat.

Based on that and photos provided here, my 5 cents are at VSV-Product 👍

• 1 year later...

Greetings all,

Since my rather cheeky comment about our IRMA kit being better, I reached out to VSV to find out more. It turns out that Sergey is a very nice fellow, in fact, we are now listing his kits on our website. The VSV Tu-12 is of excellent quality with all resin parts including clear resin, however, currently, the kit does not have an interior or decals. I'm checking to see if we may be able to provide these or not. Unfortunately, the IRMA Tu-12 has the floors molded directly into the fuselage, so can't work for the VSV kit, but we'll get it fixed somehow! The IRMA decals can work for the VSV kit. So, yes, there is room in the world for the three Tu-12 kits: IRMA, VSV, and Unicraft.  I can't comment on Unicraft as I don't have Igor's kit, except it doesn't include decals. We'll see if that can be remedied too. I will be doing a build article on the VSV kit sometime after the holidays.  Cheers!

International Resin Modeller's Association IRMA Kit No. 9 Tupolev Tu-12 in 1/72

spacer.png

VSV Product Tupolev Tu-12 in 1/72

spacer.png

Unicraft Tupolev Tu-12 in 1/72

spacer.png

Edited by zanenobbs
Updated information.
  • Like 2