Canadair CP-107 Argus conversion set

tnuag

10 hours ago, MrB17 said:

Agreed, they do look sharp in civilian liveries, considering the current greyout found everywhere. I had a couple of flights on Pacific Western Electra’s back in the early 70’s while in air cadets. This ex PWA Electra in US register, might have been one of them. They also operated a fuel tanker as well, it was overall NMF with the fin logo. We locals often referred to PWA as “Piggly Wiggly”.

D2FE07CA-E68F-4628-99C5-8CF9E7922873

Cheers

Jeff :)

LOL, when I was in Air Cadets in the 1970's flying out of Castlegar, we were flying on the 737-200 and due to weather , mountains, and break downs we called them Please Wait Awhile... but it is very cool to see Airspray flying them these days as an air tanker.... super cool...  nice pic  !

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 3:20 AM, tnuag said:

Because I work in 1:72 and the arrival of the Mach 2 Britannia prompted the Argus conversion, together with the Yukon and CL-44 conversions.

I may do a 1:144 kit at some stage, but there are lots of other aircraft and GSE which are on my list. The arrival of MSLA 3D printing has also given me a whole new range of possibilities.

Does this mean no Valiant B.2 conversion in 1/144? (I thought there was a plan for one on your website)

1 hour ago, Biggu said:

LOL, when I was in Air Cadets in the 1970's flying out of Castlegar, we were flying on the 737-200 and due to weather , mountains, and break downs we called them Please Wait Awhile... but it is very cool to see Airspray flying them these days as an air tanker.... super cool...  nice pic  !

Might have run across you then, I was in 676 Squadron in the 70’s, drum major and my gliding scholarship was in ‘75 in Nanaimo (Cassidy). I recall some 581 Squadron members there, probably have their autographs in my log book. Very good times!

Lots of flights on the PWA 737’s, I was an airframe tech in Namao in the late 70’s and I would come home to Victoria every chance I got. Sometimes I got a flip on the “Sacred Sow” CC-137, and then connected in YVR to PWA, or sometimes PWA from Edmonton Municipal. Castlegar certainly has a reputation as an inhospitable airport when the weather is bad.

Cheers

• Like 1

I would like to compliment you @tnuag on the Argus conversion. I almost missed out, snagging the last one from Hannant’s. I have lived on Vancouver Island since 69, and the Argus was around quite a bit, sometimes flying radar patterns for the Navy, over my house. Made a few trips up to Comox as an Air Cadet, I even have 8mm of one taxiing around. A dish rattler she was! Also I remember one stopping in at CFB Namao when I was working on Herk’s. Towed into the hangar overnight, and 4 large metal drip trays were pulled from the forward weapons bay. Only aircraft I knew of that brought along its own drip trays! (non operational trip). I believe it was one of the last cross country Argus trips in 1980.

I was pleasantly impressed with the quality of your work, now I just have to bring the Mach 2 components up to your standard.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know or has anyone heard if there will be a reissue of the Argus conversion set in the future? When they were originally released money on my end was short but things have improved greatly with Covid restrictions finally being eased. Unfortunately now I can’t find a set anywhere. 

thanks in advance. 

Mark

Edited by cf18hornet

Yes, the Argus conversion will appear again, but not from Aircraft In Miniature Limited. We have passed the masters to another organization who will make an announcement when it is ready.

• Like 1

I have just received an email from Mike Belcher in Canada, this says it all. it reads Belcher Bits has taken over production with a release date in the fall.

Their email address is [email protected] for anyone wishing to place an order.

Edited by tnuag
Formatting corrected
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, tnuag said:

I have just received an email from Mike Belcher in Canada, this says it all. it reads Belcher Bits has taken over production with a release date in the fall.

Their email address is [email protected] for anyone wishing to place an order.

Thank you. That’s fantastic news. Belcher bits is Canadian like myself so that will benefit me greatly with shipping costs.  

On 6/13/2021 at 2:20 PM, cf18hornet said:

Thank you. That’s fantastic news. Belcher bits is Canadian like myself so that will benefit me greatly with shipping costs.  

Re: Postage

Don't be so sure:) My experience has been that it is cheaper to mail parcels to the US than to anywhere in Canada, and cheaper still to mail them overseas. This goes against all logic, but it has more to do with certain parcel rates which are not available for internal (within Canada) mail. On the other hand, this will be a large and heavy conversion , so the preceding will probably not apply. We'll see.

Mike Belcher

On 15/06/2021 at 06:25, belcherbits said:

Re: Postage

Don't be so sure:) My experience has been that it is cheaper to mail parcels to the US than to anywhere in Canada, and cheaper still to mail them overseas. This goes against all logic, but it has more to do with certain parcel rates which are not available for internal (within Canada) mail. On the other hand, this will be a large and heavy conversion , so the preceding will probably not apply. We'll see.

Mike Belcher

Interesting. I haven’t had a parcel delivered to me from within Canada in years so I guess things have changed. Oh well. I’m still going to buy the set from you and look forward to when it’s released. 

Edited by cf18hornet