Mine roller choice for T54-2

diases

Hi guys.

I have a Miniart T54-2 Kit, and the Miniart KMT-7 mine roller.

The box states they are compatible, and fitting holes are present in the tank.

I'm wondering if these can be matched up, historically rather than mechanically. I believe that most of the rollers had a universal fitting size for armoured vehicles.

But I'm slightly confused as to which generation of Tank would match each roller.

Cheers

Paul

I'd say a possible but very unlikely combination. You're looking at two different generations of kit. The T-54 would have typically been fitted with the earlier PT-55 rollers (which no-one does in plastic or resin as far as I know), although you could make a decent justification for using the later KMT-5 assembly.

That said, the T-54 survived in service for years in many armies, so an older hull with a newer KMT-7 mine roller might be feasible. Ultimately it's a case of finding a photo and using that as your reference.

John

• Thanks 1

Cheers John.

I was starting to get the same ideas.

been trawling for photo's and no luck yet.

I like the look of the KMT, so may have to change the tank to a later model T-55.

I'll just have to keep looking.

Cheers

Paul

Not sure that T-54-2 had the fittings for attachments.  The vertical bolted strips on the lower and upper glacis.  I think they came later, possibly on T-54A or even T-54B.  T-54s before the A had essentially the same hull: the A bought some changes.  Photos of any T-54 with the attachments are less common than those without, and may have been added during upgrades.  They were standard on the T-55

I'm back in egypt now (damn work)

You may be right das.

So i've changed the tank to a T-55AMV,  a big time jump that makes more sense for the combo.

All the fitting points are present and correct. Will just have to work out which bricks to leave off or move for a more realstic effect.

Cheers

Paul