Nutty P 40 from US 85th FS 1/48

Franz75

Hello everyone, finally a GB I was waiting for, with my favorite fighter. I will be working on Hasegawa's P 40 E. To make this kit more interesting I have chosen  unique decals made by Kit World company, with nice pin-up girl .  The kit was made in late '90s, so isn't top-notch any more. But it is still the best on the market, that is why I have decided to add PE parts from Eduards. Warhawk will be marked as the fighter used by 79th FG

DqT8t0u.jpg

KAJlREF.jpg

6sR4w3a.jpg

• Like 7

On 28/08/2019 at 14:17, Franz75 said:

Because my nice decals are for F version, I have to swap it out for another one. Yeah life is cruel.  😂

Good evening Franz

I am sure that you will find something interesting ..

All the best

Patrice

• 4 weeks later...

Da da !!! Finally, it arrived. I was looking for this kit on the net for some time. My mind was set up on this particular painting scheme and any other one  was out of the question.

I'm so happy!!!  😀

Finally I can start working on my kit. 

DP2cuL6.jpg

Edited by Franz75
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Franz75 said:

Da da !!! Finally, it arrived. I was looking for this kit on the net for some time. My mind was set up on this particular painting scheme and any other one  was out of the question.

I'm so happy!!!  😀

Finally I can start working on my kit. 

DP2cuL6.jpg

Looks just like my old amtech resin "F" nose. Even down to the little bubble on the intake lip. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Franz75 said:

Blabber Mouth, because it is  old Amtech.  Nothing else is available on the market, and this one is hard to come by.  Amtech  don't make it any more. 

If i can ever start my resin experimenting this is one thing i plan on cloning. The other is the 1/48 B-25 "H" cannon nose. I have one of those sitting here as well. 

Dennis

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Finally,I have started working on this project. The interior has been painted in US interior green MR Hobby 58.  I will add PE parts to the cockpit, therefore, some kit's parts have to be removed form the sprue/mold. The plan is to leave cabin a open  that is why the interior has to be done well. 

ia1pn4T.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

Progress is slow. 

I have managed to fit in a resin nouse. 
The entire kit's engine compartment was cut off to accommodate aftermarket resin nouse.  This resin part was dedicated to the Amtech kit, as you can see it fit quite nicely. I have to use putty to finish it, a lot of it. 

yfCAL6e.jpg

ATJ4FpZ.jpg

• Like 1