1/32 Italeri F-35A

Hi guys, thought I would show you my latest build its the 1/32 Italeri F-35A, OTB with the edition of the Eduard seat belts, its a poor kit, that's all I will say about this, I have used Reedoak figures, and the MJ1-B loader from video aviation, and MRP paints
enjoy
Mike

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

On 8/25/2019 at 10:31 AM, petetasker said:

Have to say the F35 does absolutely nothing for me but that’s a beautiful build - love the realism especially the figures.

I am with you on that, I don't like doing clean builds, especially on this kit, not the best

Mike

On 8/26/2019 at 1:31 AM, B.sin said:

You did a fine job!   If you don't mind me asking, how did you make the intake and  exhaust covers?

they are made from blu tak, and than covers with electrical tape, I find the electrical tape sticks very well to the blu tak 

Mike

21 hours ago, Deano353 said:

If that's a poor kit you certainly did a great job! Are the hydraulic and brake lines on the landing gear scratch built or is that OOB detail?

the hydraulic lines are part of the kit

Mike

A superb build and really brought to life with the dio.

I have one of these in the stash....can I ask what was poor about the kit.? Was it the fit or an accuracy issue?

generally the kit is ok, but its the flash in all the small parts, the ill fitting doors, the hinges don't line up with the holes, the under carriage is very week

and the instructions are not brilliant, I just won't build it again thats for sure

Mike

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chameleon2009 said:

generally the kit is ok, but its the flash in all the small parts, the ill fitting doors, the hinges don't line up with the holes, the under carriage is very week

and the instructions are not brilliant, I just won't build it again thats for sure

Mike

Thanks Mike, that's useful to know....forewarned is forearmed!

Sorry, I forgot to ask, what paints / colours did you use for the fuselage, nose and RAM panels, and did you use any masks for the latter?

Cheers, 

Dave.

2 minutes ago, t15dja said:

Thanks Mike, that's useful to know....forewarned is forearmed!

Sorry, I forgot to ask, what paints / colours did you use for the fuselage, nose and RAM panels, and did you use any masks for the latter?

Cheers, 

Dave.

I used MRP paints, and lots and lots of tamiya tape, if you do it this way do it in sections, then peel away and then  mask the next section

also spray the bottom of the aircraft first, well at least around the wheel wells, when you fit the undercarriage it will be difficult to paint

Mike

• Thanks 1