28mm Victrix Austrian Landwehr

Finally finished the 28mm Austrian Napoleonic Landwehr 1808-1815 from Victrix,if anyone has built/painted these figures you may agree that they are a fine cast mould,with lots of options to mix them up,also with lots of gear left over to use at a later date.Cheers Jim.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Silver Fox said:

Lovely work Jim, my wargamming buddy/opponent is painting some of their Austrian Line at the moment and is really enjoying them.

Thanks Andy,yes they are similar and I can see why He is enjoying them,Cheers.

13 hours ago, Courageous said:

Some great looking troops there Jim

As a matter of interest, how would you compare Vitrix figs to Perry/ Warlord? Are they easily mixed without looking odd?

Stuart

Thanks Stuart,As a matter of the sizes I think that Warlord are the bigger of the other 2,more chunky,You could get away with a mix of Victrix and Warlord,but Perry are much smaller,and again it would all come down to placement of the figures,swapping heads with Warlord to Perry they do look odd,Before anyone gets annoyed,this is just my opinion,Remember life is like a box of chocolates,never know what your "GUNNA GET"I took some pic's Stuart so maybe you can see the difference,Tell the truth after taking the pic's they do look close,it's just when gluing parts onto different body parts you do notice the size change,On a gaming table who would know and would anyone care?

Cheers Jim.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now you've put them side-by-side, you can see the difference between them. In my ignorance, I thought that Perry done Warlord's figs and expected them to much closer, go figure. As you say, 'on a gaming table who would know and would anyone care?'

I don't wargame in this scale but I do want to 'display' in this scale. I have a number of Perry box sets covering the British during the Peninsula War and was aiming to break the sets up into smaller units to represent the different units that were there and wanted to include officers, sergeants, ensigns, drummers, etc, into the mix but 'life is like a box of chocolates'. 

Stuart

• Like 1

Nice comparison Jim, and very helpful.

Stuart, I have mixed Perry Warlord and Victrix together in wargame units happily but for a display group I think that the heads of the Warlord figures are so much bigger than the Perrys they would not pass muster. The different heights of the figures is an advantage as we are not all the same size. 

It is interesting to compare Perrys and Warlords figures, one of my club members recent bought the WWII US infantry boxes of both manufacturers ans they are very different in  both size and physique and the models of the small weapons look  completely different scales.

I'm building a early renaissance army at the moment and I found that I could swap arms and heads between the  Warlord Landsknechts and the Perrys European Infantry boxes with no problem and they looked spot on. I think Warlord use a number of figure designers so  Jims chocolate box  analogy  is spot on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

Now you've put them side-by-side, you can see the difference between them. In my ignorance, I thought that Perry done Warlord's figs and expected them to much closer, go figure. As you say, 'on a gaming table who would know and would anyone care?'

I don't wargame in this scale but I do want to 'display' in this scale. I have a number of Perry box sets covering the British during the Peninsula War and was aiming to break the sets up into smaller units to represent the different units that were there and wanted to include officers, sergeants, ensigns, drummers, etc, into the mix but 'life is like a box of chocolates'. 

Stuart

Thanks Stuart,Glad I could help in a small way also nice to see Silver Fox's info he is very knowledgeable ,I do not wargame and all my figures are for display and most important FUN,Cheers.

• Like 2