Kit - Italeri re-boxed Accurate Miniatures.

Paint - All enamels.

Decals - Eduard & kit.

Extras - Eduard Zoom set.

IL2M-3 Sturmovik

23rd Ind. Assault Regt.

Soviet Black Sea Fleet

Late 1943.

IFAUC42.jpg

a5aEirw.jpg

TzyXbv2.jpg

AsFctCF.jpg

I6NyJ6g.jpg

8L0X3gC.jpg

Jl2DW6c.jpg

32Krdzb.jpg

lYvH6A5.jpg

First time I've built an IL2 and first time I've finished an AM kit. Engineering is superb IMO, as long as you take the time to read how other folks built theirs AND test fit... especially around the wing-to-fuselage assemblies.  All the paint tones are mixed using my favourite (un)reliable Mk.I eyeball method using Humbrol, Xtracolour and Tamiya enamels. I bought a sheet of 'Authentic Decals' but they shattered into molecule sized fragments as soon as they hit the water so I used Eduard 'stars' and the kit supplied bort numbers / guards badge.

Not too much else to add, if anyone wants to ask any questions, make any comments or rain-down any abuse, that's all fine. Have the rest of a great weekend folks... best from NZ.

ZWeczvk.jpg

Ian.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

I like the paint scheme. and if I learned anything about the "right" colors during my research for German Luftwaffe paints, it's that there is nothing that had not existed (proof me wrong there 😜) and that the paints change so much over time that you cannot do much wrong. Conclusion: there is nothing wrong with Eyeball Mk I, especially if it comes out as great looking as this :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1