Greetings from sunny Gloucestershire

S-boat 55

Hi all, 

Been stalking these pages for a while without saying much trying to pick up tips and tricks, figured it's time I said a proper hello.

Boats is my thing, first thing I ever built was a 1:600 HMS Warspite from Airfix when I was about 13, currently working on a 1:350 of her 22 years later. Not done much for the past fifteen odd years until picking up the hobby knife and humbrol a few months back. Looking forward to picking your brains on how to fix the various things I make a mess of, 

Sam

• Like 1

Gidday Sam, welcome aboard. 1/600 ships, mainly WWII vintage are my thing and I did a few as a kid and young adult, nothing to write home about. I took up the hobby again on a continual basis a little over twenty years ago, and the first ship I did - Airfix's HMS Warspite in 1/600 scale. How's the co-incidence! Are we going to see any of your builds? Regards, Jeff.

I'm a WW2er as well but also quite like the look of the earlier WW1 stuff that is around now.

Im gonna have to take the plunge and put bits up as im doing them, as much as I'm working on Warspite I've yet to finish off my Type 45 which I really ought to finish off if only to put it to bed, I've not a lot left to do with her but could do a short work in progress log I guess, went for a type 45 because I liked the clean lines, it's not been a fun build though, either way should push through,

Sam

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 4:30 AM, S-boat 55 said:

I'm a WW2er as well but also quite like the look of the earlier WW1 stuff that is around now.

Gidday Sam, me again (who else would I be?). Have you done Airfix's Iron Duke? Regards, Jeff.

On 16/09/2019 at 11:09, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Sam, me again (who else would I be?). Have you done Airfix's Iron Duke? Regards, Jeff.

Hi Jeff, 

Um sort of.....when I was about 13 I had one that never got finished, she's a great looking ship, I hold a small hope that one day a 1/350 of her and an R class will be released,