Not Stew again

This is my take on a French Farm house. It is made from Blue foam, Styrene sheet, Coffee stirrers and cardboard.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The tree has had its trunk painted as have the leaves to give it a more natural look.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you like it comments more than welcome

cheers

Scottie

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

I think you've inadvertently posted some reference pictures of the real building rather than your diorama Scottie :)

That's scratch building and finishing of the very highest order sir - I don't suppose there's a work in progress ??

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Richard E said:

I think you've inadvertently posted some reference pictures of the real building rather than your diorama Scottie :)

That's scratch building and finishing of the very highest order sir - I don't suppose there's a work in progress ??

Thanks Richard very kind of you to say there are some WIP Pictures but lots of them is there anything in particular you would like to see?

I cannot speak to the accuracy of architectural style, but the modeling looks quite nice.

Q: is this 1/35 scale?

particularly like the choice/ colors/ & variety of vegetation. also the details hidden in the shadows because they are not screaming for attention.

I doubt anyone would mind if you posted a few "in-progress" photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dude! That is fantastic! As someone who grew up on an old farm, surrounded by other old farms with lots of old buildings from the late 1700's up to the mid 1900's, your weathering is perfect. I can't speak about the stone buildings, as most of the ones I saw were wooden with stone bases. Please post more pictures and some in-progress wouldn't be bad either.

Chris

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

I'm sure I saw that up for sale on the internet - somewhere in the Dordogne !  A project to restore and planning for three bedrooms.

great diorama Sir, champion.

Thanks John, It would need some work lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 23:44, s.e.charles said:

Q: is this 1/35 scale?

I'd like to know the scale too - very realistic especially the flora

Edited by Ratch
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scottie,

Typing as someone who is in the (currently halted) process of building a farmhouse ruin, and having built a full house in the past, with lots of vegetation, I know how much work goes into getting things to look natural, and realistic. All I can say is yours is pretty bloomin' wonderful. definitely a work of art.

A couple of questions, if I may?

Did you treat the Seafoam in any way apart from painting? Varnish, PVA glue etc?

And those small light green plants by the chopping block, what plants are they and where did you get them/buy them from?

Rearguards,

Badder

ps, LOTS of photos would be nice, both of WIP and close-ups of the finished thing.

Edited by Badder