New Japanese Starfighter book

Red Dot

hi all,

In collaboration with the Asian Air Arms Research Group, i've created a photo book called Samurai Starfighter if anyone is interested. Some of you may have seen it on their recent newsletter.

It has been devised with the modeller in mind using 43 never-before published personal colour photographs and 27 colour profiles in its 68 pages. It will be printed as a softback (20x25cm) on 100# Premium Lustre Gloss (148 GSM) Paper.

Pretty much guaranteed to provide many moments of nostalgia and inspiration, I have included as much colour guidance information for each scheme as possible and also referred to alternative photographs in other publications to aid the completion of an accurate model. Below are some examples of the typical page layout.

Front-cover.jpg

page-16.jpg

page-49.jpg

page-63.jpg

Feel free to contact me on [email protected] if you would like more information.

Andy

Edited by Red Dot
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, mstorin said:

Is this or will it be available through some online vendor?

The book will be available from Blurb from early November but if you send me an e-mail, I will reply with all the options

Thanks

Andy

Hi Robert,

The colour numbers are from the Munsell System and the Japanese specification number is in the book. It can then be freely downloaded from the internet as a pdf file.

As I say in the book, it is very hard to tell the true colour, so there is a fair amount of supposition involved, the risk of which is reduced by comparing multiple photos to get a "good average". 

Anyway, being modellers, we'll just use the nearest pot of grey won't we 😀?

The idea behind the book was just for inspiration and then it got out of hand!

Andy

Edited by Red Dot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi all,

Jennigs Heilig and i now agree on all of the common colour schemes in my book and on his decal sheet, so roll on the new Starfighter kits from Kinetic and Eduard. If you like F-104s, life is great at the moment

Andy

• Like 2

Hi Andy-san,

Congrats for getting your new JASDF F-104 book published which could be interesting for also Japanese modellers too.

I'm also interested in your book and like to have a copy, so please let me know how to order it.

Very best regards,

Jun in Tokyo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/horaburo/albums

Edited by Junchan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Red Dot said:

hello Jun,

I hope that you are very well. All you need to do is send an e-mail to [email protected] and i will let you have the full details for ordering a book

thanks and happy modelling

Andy

Thanks Andy, e-mail sent.

Jun