Sleeper's Bren Gun 16Kha 'Priboy' +++Complete+++

On 8/21/2019 at 4:25 PM, SleeperService said:

Inspired by THIS BUILD and then THIS ONE I'll be in. Bet you can't guess the subject ;)

@JOCKNEY The Hurricane will not be affected by this build at all, there will be several periods of idleness as things dry, likely mostly filler judging by previous efforts.

As I'm still not friends with Messers. Humbrol alternative arrangements have been made.

On 8/21/2019 at 6:33 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

You're making a little blue thing that goes ping on alternate Thursdays...?

On 8/21/2019 at 8:41 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Well, I did consider a little blue thing that goes ping on alternate Thursdays in between, but I thought that was somewhat unlikely...  

Sorry but not a little blue thing instead I declare with this;

spacer.png

Got to be a contender for most under packed kit box category. However...

spacer.png

spacer.png

The parts have quite nice surface detail, decent mating faces and even a little trolley to put it on until I build the carrier aircraft. That'll be about 2068 at the current rate ;)

And here's a slightly arty shot of the start.

spacer.png

I know that there may be 'issues' with the fit but at least the scheme is simple. Green and silver/aluminium with a dash of gunmetal for the missile. Quick bit of primer then a quick errand while it dries.

Hope you're all having a great day too :Di

• Like 7

It is indeed @Brad with a bit of the starship Enterprise about it.

So here we are now after much trial fitting and careful checking.

spacer.png

No matter what I tried the wings just won't mate to the fuselage nicely. So out comes Mr Plasto. Halfords aluminium used rather than silver unless the Soviets were really making parts from precious metals. Except for the probe under one wing that's all the missile bits in play. Time for a bucket of coffee.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

This looks good, plenty of full fat coffee, great for a steady hand. 

Apparently I'm a coffee super-taster. About half the usual amount of instant to most people, hence the bucket which uses a normal amount. It's when the caffeine level falls the wobbles start.

• Haha 1

On break so here's the bucket of coffee sandwich already munched.

spacer.png

Here we have the intake grill pieces basking in the August sunshine

spacer.png

That'll dry the wash out or I'll be crying.

Time to chill with Absolute Classic Rock currently playing 'My Sweet Lord' life is good.

• Like 2

Eleven hours in and I've got as far as I dared hope. Starting to get a bit tired so stop while I'm ahead. It's 21:55 and this is now

spacer.png

To those doing the 24hr option Good Luck, I think you may be madder than I am. :D

• Like 3

Day 2 of the Bun Fight. I hope everyone is still fired up and full of fizz and vigour.

So here I am at the restart

spacer.png

That's my very ancient original C1 not one of your 4G wannabes by the way. Lasts about a week on standby but not a patch on my 6610 which is still sorely missed. But that's what happens when you put your phone on top of your car and then leave the services, drive about 5 miles, and only then remember....

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Boring bit nearly done, all silky smooth, started cleaning the panel lines out and broke off a tailplane 🤬

While muttering I glanced at the photos on the instruction sheet, I need a tiny propeller for the front. I presume this was to get the airspeed up to the point that the pulse jets kicked in :D So now tiny bits of aluminium and styrene.

• Like 1

Resistance is futile little missile. Despite the plastic she's built and primed and I've still got a while to get the green on.

spacer.png

The sensor is to be fitted which will be a very last minute job. The strap and bolts to hold the warhead on are missing from the kit but not my baby ;)

spacer.png

I think the camera batteries are dying so this will have to do for now. Almost there the aluminium on the nacelles is done already hence the masking.

The dolly has gone AWOL but that may be because my work area is now about A5 size... :D The good thing bout the weather today is the next paint coat can go on in about ten minutes or so.

• Like 1

I think this makes three Group Builds I've completed in time.

In all her souped up V1 glory

spacer.png

spacer.png

I need more batteries for the camera so I'll do the gallery piccies tomorrow. Good luck to those still at work or yet to start. Got 40 minutes left that's a massive margin by my standards :D

Big Thanks to Enzo for an excellent job of cat herding. Perfect REO Speedwagon just come on the radio 'Keep on Loving You' happy, happy memories.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1