Hunter F6

What the others have said- in Texas we would say "She looks like she's been rode hard and put up wet!" (BTW, I totally agree with Timbo- why didn't Revell engineer the original release for a two-seat option later?)

Mike

6 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

What the others have said- in Texas we would say "She looks like she's been rode hard and put up wet!" (BTW, I totally agree with Timbo- why didn't Revell engineer the original release for a two-seat option later?)

Mike

Possibly because it would have involved engineering the aircraft 'spine' for suitable inserts, and that usually works about as well as getting dorsal airbrakes to fit?

The PJ Productions two-seater conversion is very nice (with a spinal insert that does fit).

21 minutes ago, Steve Coombs said:

Possibly because it would have involved engineering the aircraft 'spine' for suitable inserts, and that usually works about as well as getting dorsal airbrakes to fit?

The PJ Productions two-seater conversion is very nice (with a spinal insert that does fit).

I was thinking more along the lines of  making a separate sprue with the new fuselage and cockpit parts as well as a sprue with both canopies included in the original single-seat release, on the lines of what Eduard does with their clear parts...much more cost efficient than making separate molds for the clear parts for each kit version. IIRC, Monogram did something similar to this when they engineered their 1/48 B-24D and B-24J kits, which had the molds for both versions made at the same time.

Mike

12 hours ago, janneman36 said:

It looks great and really like the wheatering....it looks like a 1/48 aircraft..

cheers, Jan 

Thanks Jan,

6 hours ago, Timbo88 said:

Very nice end result, I like the sun bleached colours.

The Revell Hunter is an excellent example of this iconic machine in 1/72 scale. Would be lovely if they would release a two seater version.

May be Revell released future.

2 hours ago, MickE said:

Looks great👍

I am doing this scheme in 1/48. What underside colour did you use as the xtradecal 1/48 sheet just calls it 'Middle East Blue'

Mr Color acrilyc h67. h323 and white mixed.