1/35 | Tiran-6 MBT | Trumpeter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well that's another stash project I can park up for a while until everyone forgets how good this one is!  And it is indeed very good.

But I must point out one little thing.  The T-62 did not have an auto loader but it did have an automatic spent case ejector for the very substantial brass cases.  You've covered the spent case ejection hatch in the turret rear with stowage.  This cannot be done as the hatch opens every time the gun fires to eject the spent case.  Obstructing the hatch jams the mechanism.  See it working here: https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/406706-t-62-shell-ejection-system-how-does-it-work/

IDF was daft to put a stowage bin below the ejection hatch.  Presumably the crews were well warned!  However it remains a subject of debate just how many Tiran 6s were converted and whether any were actually used operationally.  Certainly not many converted because of the limited number captured and reliance on captured ammunition.  Some possibly saw service on the Peace For Galilee operation but they were withdrawn from service shortly thereafter. 

The Tiran 6 project was rendered unnecessary by the arrival of more M60 (Magach 7) and M60A1 (Magach 6) from the US.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I am just learning the different T-55 derivatives.... after having built one just now

Just to confuse you further, Tiran 6 was a conversion of the T-62!  Note the different wheel spacing.

Sticking with the Israeli theme, T-54s of assorted production versions became Tiran 4s while T-55s became Tiran 5s. There were sub-variants according to degree of modification and armament.

• Like 1