Building Trumpeters 1/72 Tu-16

While waiting for parts of my B=58 build to dry I decided to start another kit that has been following me like a faithful dog for over 20 years now, Trumpeter's 1/72 Tupolev Tu-16.

20190823-173737.jpg

This one is progressing well as well. Cockpit together and painting is easy as most of it is Matt Black, except the seat cushions which are red/brown as the colour guide calls out..

20190823-173155.jpg

Wings went together without to many problems..

20190823-173631.jpg

And the engine nacelles..

20190823-173653.jpg

That's it so far. Have put the gunners area in the cockpit (at the tail) and taped the fuselage halves together and the seem to go together fine, Not much filler needed at all.

Cheers
Warren

• Like 5

The next installment of this build..

Everything on bar the wings and clear bits..

20190825-104116.jpg

No visible means of support, except some masking tape..

20190825-104125.jpg

Two large missiles, one for under each wing..

20190825-183138.jpg

Speaking of wings they are now attached and the gaps at the root are very very small..

20190825-183220.jpg

Masking the clear parts on this one is going to be fun!!

Cheers
Warren

• Like 4

Ohhh, I have this very kit in the stash (present from my sister-in-law 🇨🇳, the only person in my family who buys models for me)!

I'll follow along if you don't mind. Can't wait to see the finished build.:pilot:

DennisTheBear

Welcome Dennis. I think I have received four model kits as presents in the last 50 years so you are doing better than me!  :)

Not sure which scheme I am doing yet. Any suggests?

Thanks Frederick and Magnus.

I finally finished masking up the B-58 after spraying the matt surfaces with Tamiya XF-56. I was intending on using Alclad again but it was about 7 tears since I last used it (time really does fly). I picked up the bottle of gloss black undercoat and.... it has gone off.. I shook the bottle and nothing moved inside... I opened the bottle and had a small wiff.. very little fumes.. Then I stuck a scriber in it just in case it was just a dry coat over the top and the rest was good... nope.. hard as a rock..   😤

The top was on tight and the small bottles of metallic are still fine so the painting is put off again until I can get some more Alclad II Black.

On a positive not, the repairs I did on my PC-6 after dropping it just a few inches have worked fine and the foliage green Lifecolor paint has gone on beautifully, after I worked out the right ratio for thinning.

That's it for now.

Warren

• 2 months later...