New from Tamiya coming soon

Robert

Got a 'preview kit' of the P-38 at the IPMS/USA NATS (in the exact box pictured.)  Apparently Tamiya provided !300! copies to the Chattanooga Chapter team who then had a lottery drawing for folks to purchase them. Some very interesting engineering is used to ensure all the parts are correctly aligned.  Haven't yet dived in more than a quick review of the box contents but it appears to be the usual Tamiya yumminess.

Cheers!

Robert (the second?)

😜

• Like 1

To be honest the most interesting item in there for me was the 'Street Rider' figure but it got no more that a passing mention :( 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2019 at 6:57 AM, Col. said:

To be honest the most interesting item in there for me was the 'Street Rider' figure but it got no more that a passing mention :( 

Me too. But there's a bit too much of the 'urban cool' scooter rider thing going on there. Where's the baggy textile rainsuit?  :lol:

I wish Tamiya would model some real world bikes instead of all the exotica, which admittedly are very nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IanC said:

Me too. But there's a bit too much of the 'urban cool' scooter rider thing going on there. Where's the baggy textile rainsuit?  :lol:

I wish Tamiya would model some real world bikes instead of all the exotica, which admittedly are very nice.

I'm thinking he has potential to look 'right' next to a cafe racer style bike such as the Ducati 900SS or CB750F with a little modification.

I'm always surprised they didn't release models of a CBR900 Fireblade or the GSXR750/1100. Loved the Ducati 916 and Bimota Tesi but the list could be so much longer.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 5:57 PM, Col. said:

I'm thinking he has potential to look 'right' next to a cafe racer style bike such as the Ducati 900SS or CB750F with a little modification.

I'm always surprised they didn't release models of a CBR900 Fireblade or the GSXR750/1100. Loved the Ducati 916 and Bimota Tesi but the list could be so much longer.

A Blade would be good. I built their Honda VT250F donkeys years ago - a small bike but I had a real one in the garage. The only time it's happened, and the ultimate modelling reference, of course... 

Wish I could say the same about the Ducati Panigale!

• Like 1