1/48 Triebflügler

I always wanted that a/c, but the resin kit was too expensive for my taste, so when it came out as injection, I couldn't resist ....

It is actually one of the few of my kits that are only partly painted with a brush: the alu is from a rattle can. (I am really no good with air brush)

spacer.png

spacer.png

and a link with some extra pictures ...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r8qaG8MQxEzeXZmd6

Edited by 2Step
additional text
  • Like 19

as to the diorama praise: it is all one big diorama, just that the pics are taken from different angles. as to the wildlife: I got: dogs, sheep, goats, oxen, cows, donkeys (or mules, hard to tell), pigs, birds of prey, snakes, butterflies and some mice/rats (I guess that depends on the size). 😛

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sorry - out of focus, but you get the idea

I used a Pegasus Farm Animals set (mostly because I wanted the oxen for towing the airplanes when fuel runs out) and a 1/87 bugs and field animals from Preiser, which are a little bit to big for the 48 scale (and way to big for their original purpose - the bumble bee is the size of the head of a HO person and would be great for a horror flick scene 😳)

Here is an overview from the (yet uncompleted) airfield

Sorry, no prize if you find all the animals 🦖

spacer.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

@devilfish

the jets are fixed to the rotors/wings, but these are even in the kit movable, as is the ring they are attached to. So you could adjust them for vertical take-off/landing or horizontal flight. Actually, in some of the pictures they are pointing the right way.

One thing that I have not found explained in the books is: these are ramjets that normally need a certain speed to function (AFAIK, I am an operator, not technician). So one would think that the a/c could not take of without an additional help???

Nice work

My understanding regards the need to get the ramjet up to speed before it works is that each pod had a small rocket as well which would get the ramjet up to operational speed...

I suspect anyone close to this project was very relieved when the war ended prior to any build and test proceeding.. :)  More of a potential 'coffin' than the Me 163... 

Matt