Berliet GDC-6W, scratch, 1/24

Dear modellers,

On one of my many “searching “- travels on the internet , I found two interesting videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkIS4O0DhlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XjINqpcYo0

I liked this typical french truck, just a straightforward workhorse without frills, so I searched for

more information, photographs and even found a good 3- view drawing all the necessery

dimensions.

It was also a good opportunity to improve my old school french.....😁

Anyhow two years ago this model came into being. 

dspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For the building report, please have a look here:

https://modelbrouwers.nl/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=48541&sid=5011ccc08c7db0bf3ea3eace064eea1e

I hope you like the photographs of this Camion ancien.

With kind regards,

JohnHaa

• Like 14

This is gorgeous and I especially like that the operator is from Avignon, only a few kilometres from me. I just have one question - why does it have a Paris registration plate when the operator is in Vaucluse?

Maurice

Oh Maurice,

This needs some explanation...😁 !

I made up the company name , its my dutch name translated in french.....and the numberplate...there you got me,  I have no knowledge how that is organised in La France, sorry for that. I just picked a numberplate of a photograph and printed it for my model. 

I would be very pleased if you will show me some examples of the right plates ?  I think it is still possible to change them. 

Thank you for your remark, again something learned on this topic,

Kind greetings,

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnHaa said:

Oh Maurice,

This needs some explanation...😁 !

I made up the company name , its my dutch name translated in french.....and the numberplate...there you got me,  I have no knowledge how that is organised in La France, sorry for that. I just picked a numberplate of a photograph and printed it for my model. 

I would be very pleased if you will show me some examples of the right plates ?  I think it is still possible to change them. 

Thank you for your remark, again something learned on this topic,

Kind greetings,

John

John

There is a big regular festival for old commercial vehicles in Avignon and this link will take you to a Flickr album someone took of some of the exhibits. The image second left in Row 5 is of a Berliet GDR7 registered in Vaucluse and it shows you the correct style and departement number (84).

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/avignon,camion

Hope this helps - it's even close to the same colour as your beautiful model.

Maurice

• Like 1

Maurice 

Thank you for your replay. 

I think you ment the photograph of the Berliet of the company "Bonifay ". The nummerplate reads : 6449 VW 83.   Am I right that the first 4 digits are the individual vehicle -number , the two letters and 83 (84) are the departement nummer ? 

I know the photographs of this truck very well, I used them as reference for my model.  

JohnHaa

John

This Bonifay truck was at the same festival as the one I mentioned. The GDR7 was operated by Transports Richard François and was quite distinctive because it was at the show loaded with two enormous barrels of wine! Its registration was 9306 YR 84. The last two digits (84) are the departement number (for Vaucluse, in this case), the rest is the registration. France introduced a new system for plates in 2009 but one can retain the old style plates (like the one on this Berliet) provided one does not move one’s place of residence to a different departement.

Maurice

7 hours ago, JohnHaa said:

Maurice,

Merci beaucoup !

I read about the change in 2009.  Right, I will make new set with the correct registration.

And for Jeroen, bedankt !

With kind greetings,

JohnHaa

Hello

This is a very nice build.

The new national registration system (S.I.V.) started on April 15th, 2009 with "AA-001-AA" for the next fifty years to "ZZ-999-ZZ".

You can see in the right hand of the plate a number of a "département" but this one is not necessarily where the car has been register. That is why now the plate is for the hole life of the vehicle.

Patrick

Patrick,

Thank you for your added information. 👍

In The Netherlands it is same situation, the numberplate stays with the vehicle. By the way just this week we got (again) a new letter number combination.  The new and first one :    G-001-BB.   

Better link for the WIP :

https://modelbrouwers.nl/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=48541&sid=6283ebbd41fca4ade95d3b202664e71f

With kind greetings,

JohnHaa

Hi JohnHaa

Your work in progress is fantastic and a good school to follow.

Next Saturday I will attend the Huy modelling show in Belgium and maybe it is not so far from your home to pay a visit.

Patrick

spacer.png

Edited by VG 33