Come home pls !!!!

Brilliant diorama. A quite superb figure, a beautifully rendered abandoned and 'rotting' Sturbmtiger/house, and lots of lovely little details. A truly evocative scene.

Now, I love building dioramas but I sometimes feel that people are holding back on giving negative criticism. I actually want negative criticsim as that spurs me on to doing better. So, with that in mind there are a few things I'd change if this was my diorama.

First, the plants around the front of the Sturmtiger (REAL grass), look like no plant that I know of at that scale, except mutant giant grass.  So I'd use something else. And I too was confused by the clean bright blue 'cowl' (the official word for an anti-downdraft device fitted on top of a chimney) If it had been there a while it would have gotten sooty, rusty, etc. If the resident had only recently placed it there, I suspect he'd have salvaged it from a tip/hedgerow/ditch etc rather than brought one from home, and so it would most likely have been heavily weathered any way. Whatever, a rust piece of sheet metal, or corrugated iron would look so much better than that blue thing.  And finally, the cotton wool smoke. I never like cotton wool smoke/steam/vapour trails etc. It just looks naff. Better off not using anything except photoshop.

I hope you don't mind the 'criticism'. But actually, it's a truly fantastic diorama as it is.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Badder said:

Brilliant diorama. A quite superb figure, a beautifully rendered abandoned and 'rotting' Sturbmtiger/house, and lots of lovely little details. A truly evocative scene.

Now, I love building dioramas but I sometimes feel that people are holding back on giving negative criticism. I actually want negative criticsim as that spurs me on to doing better. So, with that in mind there are a few things I'd change if this was my diorama.

First, the plants around the front of the Sturmtiger (REAL grass), look like no plant that I know of at that scale, except mutant giant grass.  So I'd use something else. And I too was confused by the clean bright blue 'cowl' (the official word for an anti-downdraft device fitted on top of a chimney) If it had been there a while it would have gotten sooty, rusty, etc. If the resident had only recently placed it there, I suspect he'd have salvaged it from a tip/hedgerow/ditch etc rather than brought one from home, and so it would most likely have been heavily weathered any way. Whatever, a rust piece of sheet metal, or corrugated iron would look so much better than that blue thing.  And finally, the cotton wool smoke. I never like cotton wool smoke/steam/vapour trails etc. It just looks naff. Better off not using anything except photoshop.

I hope you don't mind the 'criticism'. But actually, it's a truly fantastic diorama as it is.

Rearguards,

Badder

you are right. About this blue board, I weathered the entire tank and certainly would not have forgotten it. I want to leave a little light color and a contrast of the entire dark tank. It is also highly probable that he will get a piece of remaining metal sheet on the construction site. This smog is very necessary because it implies that someone is active inside. This will echo the girl outside. But I have no way to find better materials to make this smoke.

I like to hear praise, but also like to listen to the criticism written by thinking, which is very helpful to me.

Some people give me a comment:
"There is no abandoned tiger like this"
"The dog won't climb there"
Like this I will ignore it directly, they think their brain is the whole world.

And I hope my bad English level doesn't bother you.😁

• Like 1