Minicraft 1/144 B-50a

Mike Esposito

This definitely was not released. It's not on the Minicraft website either so it's anybody's guess as to the status of the project. My guess is that it would be a conversion of the Minicraft B-29 with a new vertical tail, and new engines. That kit is, itself, a re-release of the old Crown kit. It's not bad, but the Fuji 1/144 B-29 is better in most respects. If Minicraft ever release it, it will be interesting to see if the new parts could be used to convert the Fujimi kit to a B-50 instead.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

This definitely was not released. It's not on the Minicraft website either so it's anybody's guess as to the status of the project. My guess is that it would be a conversion of the Minicraft B-29 with a new vertical tail, and new engines. That kit is, itself, a re-release of the old Crown kit. It's not bad, but the Fuji 1/144 B-29 is better in most respects. If Minicraft ever release it, it will be interesting to see if the new parts could be used to convert the Fujimi kit to a B-50 instead.

It's up for pre-order at Internet Hobbies. 🤔

Edited by Mike Esposito

4 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

I just saw this on Scalemates. Listed in 2018. 

Anybody heard of this or know a tentative release date?

Tks

Scalemates ? Why ? Go Britmodeller Rumourmonger! :P

Sources: 

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0251/0463/files/2018_MCM_New_Releases_Brochure.pdf

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235034198-minicraft-model-kits-catalog-2018-online/

B50A.jpg

V.P.

9 hours ago, dnl42 said:

The Fujimi 1/144 B-29 is indeed a very nice kit, well, except for those square prop hubs.  :shrug:

And the complete lack of engine detail. 

Brengun has some very nice resin nacelles with engine details and replacement resin propellers with accurate hubs to improve the Fujimi kit.