Montrose Airfield Museum Open Weekend and Fly-In 24 & 25.08.19

Des

For those in the North-East of Scotland within striking distance of Montrose the above can be highly recommended this weekend on Saturday and Sunday the 24th. and 25th. August  -  https://visitangus.com/events/montrose-air-station-heritage-centre-family-open-weekend/

In addition to the usual Museum activities with preserved, replica and aircraft under renovation there will be a fly-in on the adjacent playing-fields at Broomfield which in previous years has seen up to forty aircraft visiting on each day and is a very photographer friendly location with parking on-site.      This year Vintage Cars will be displayed alongside the parked aircraft and there will be opportunities for Microlite , Gyrocopter and fixed wing trial flying lessons.

For modelers the Museum's kit collection should be open and I would imagine second-sales available while there is normally a small number of second-hand kits and books on sale through the organisers of the fly-in at the tent there.

My own interest is to park myself down at the fly-in and take photographs but from all accounts especially from friends with children activities at the museum are worth visiting.