1/72 Hasegawa Humber Armoured Car +++COMPLETED+++

BIG X

Well I was going to leave the bag sealed until Saturday morning - but - as everyone seems to be showing off their sprues - here goes...

IMG-6262.jpg

...well I make that 37 parts - as I won't have time to paint the driver and those metal 'axels' look interesting.

I've been busy in the 'BIG BOYS SCALE' - in the form of a 1/35 King Tiger - but I didn't want folk to think I had deserted the 1/72 gang.

Now back in the bag and box until Saturday...

IMG-6263.jpg

The last blitz build was loads of fun - so here's hoping this little beauty behaves itself and goes together quickly.

See you all on Saturday - Steve

• Like 8

• BIG X changed the title to BIG X Builds A Humber Armoured Car
1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Looks a nice little kit. Good luck with your build. 

It does look nice - I think I built a knock-off one of these - can't remember the brand name, but it looks exactly the same. It went together quite well. 😀

• Like 1

• BIG X changed the title to Humber Armoured Car

As the 'box art' suggests a desert scene - I make no apology...

....any excuse to slip a Gary Numan video in before kick off - well it has a 'desert' setting...

@langy @Mike - NUUMMMAAAANNNNN

• Like 5

Arrggghhhhh...,

my laptop has finally died this morning - so I’m going to have to pull out - I can’t do it from my phone.  

Sorry folks - but good luck to everyone - Steve 

• Sad 4

14 hours ago, BIG X said:

the girl is Persia Webb

Better lookin' than her dad ;)

6 hours ago, BIG X said:

my laptop has finally died this morning

Oh dear... that sounds expensive.  What's up with it? :hmmm:

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

Oh dear... that sounds expensive.  What's up with it? :hmmm:

It’s been playing up for a couple of weeks - won’t charge up -   bugga

• Sad 1

Just now, BIG X said:

won’t charge up -   bugga

probably a dead battery - we use our old laptop on power only these days, cos the battery has been froobed for years now :shrug:

• Thanks 1

Can't you run it off the mains lead? Like wot we used to do in Ye Olde Dayes. While I'm at it what happened to the tiny mobile phones that lasted 2 weeks on standby. Answer me that eh. Brexit!! Bah Humbug.

15 hours ago, BIG X said:

...BTW - the girl is Persia Webb - otherwise known as Gary's Daughter - keep it in the family eh.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Maybe but if she is half as nice a person as her Dad then she'll be lovely in mind too. Did security at several of his gigs back in the Day absolutely top bloke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SleeperService said:

Maybe but if she is half as nice a person as her Dad then she'll be lovely in mind too. Did security at several of his gigs back in the Day absolutely top bloke.

He always comes over as down-to-earth whenever I've seen him on telly, but I've never met the chap other than seeing him on stage at the Deeside Leisure Centre in the 80s :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mike said:

He always comes over as down-to-earth whenever I've seen him on telly, but I've never met the chap other than seeing him on stage at the Deeside Leisure Centre in the 80s :)

He is. None of this 'I'm the big man' about him at all. He was superb with the stage door fans as well as all us minions, Class Act.

• Thanks 1

Looks a great little kit Steve just the right kind for this type of GB.

On 22/08/2019 at 20:49, Jinxman said:

It does look nice - I think I built a knock-off one of these - can't remember the brand name, but it looks exactly the same. It went together quite well. 

Science Treasury I think it was the company that re-boxed some of these kits JM.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Looks a great little kit Steve just the right kind for this type of GB.

Science Treasury I think it was the company that re-boxed some of these kits JM.

That's the one! - we had a discount store in town that had 'em for a quid each. No. 1 son and I had a few weekends knocking 'em up. 😀 (Going back about 15 years).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK - I'm back - not firing on all cylinders - but limping back to base - three engines on fire - you get the picture...

Setting up a new computer seems to take me about week - that's why I'm in sales and not IT I guess...

Anyway - here is my 'start shot'...

IMG-6293.jpg

Here's the box - I am aiming now for the 'superhero' option...

more shortly - wish me luck - Steve

• Like 5

No time to waste - I've bagged the separate groups and got rid of any obvious flash and sprue gates - it's a nice kit actually and I'd like to spend a lot more time on it - but the 'clock is ticking' as they say...

First bits together - hulls sides - mud guards - then the back...

IMG-6296.jpg

...sorry it's all 'askew' - I don't have any phot editing software set up yet and these are from my phone.

• Like 5

Just short of 3 hours in - I thought I'd be further along - but it is going OK...

IMG-6297.jpg

IMG-6298.jpg

IMG-6299.jpg

A few more bits to stick on - then priming - it's a good day for priming - nice and arm and dry... 

• Like 3

I think the gluing has finished...

IMG-6301a.jpg

IMG-6302.jpg

IMG-6303.jpg

IMG-6312.jpg

Primer on - next up - 'middlestone' - as I'm going for my first 'desert' scene...

IMG-6313.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Avereda said:

Top man, I love watching the Blitzbuilders in action

It's a messy job - but someone has to do it - the primer is actually nearly dry already.

BTW - Nice to hear from you - a great result today - but have to say Bournemouth played really well.

Mind you our new fella in midfield played brilliantly towards the end - I'll be beggared if I can remember his name though :doh:

• Like 1

OK - I think I'm on a roll now - neat middle stone over grey primer...

I'm off to make a base and background - back shortly.

BTW - Sorry - no time for food shots - I might get a picture of my wine glass though - I think you know what is 'fuelling' my build 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BIG X said:

BTW - Nice to hear from you - a great result today - but have to say Bournemouth played really well.

Mind you our new fella in midfield played brilliantly towards the end - I'll be beggared if I can remember his name though :doh:

Scoreline flattered us a bit to be honest. Rodri’s the new fella, he looks like another good buy. Best of luck with the rest of the build.

• Thanks 1