1/72 Hasegawa Humber Armoured Car +++COMPLETED+++

BIG X

1 hour ago, Avereda said:

Scoreline flattered us a bit to be honest. Rodri’s the new fella, he looks like another good buy. Best of luck with the rest of the build.

That's the fella - looks a bit 'solid' - I wouldn't want to try running in to him - a bit like Kompany - 'back in the day'...

17 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Going well there. Gluing finished? Is it a hover armoured car now? I think it should be wheels are so last century :D

… oh we definitely have wheels too - 😉

ANYWAY - the printer works with the new computer - we have a 'background'...

IMG-6304.jpg

The bit at the front is actually a sample of mountboard that one of my suppliers sent me - it's called 'pebbles' - I have been eyeing it up for a while on my desk - this is what I have been playing at for the last hour - whilst the gloss is drying - prior to decals and dirt....

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

The sign is made from a cocktail stick with thin balsa - a bit ropey from the back and the glue is showing at the base - but I'm rushing a bit....

• Like 5

I'm off for a quick late night snack - in the meantime - a bit of Metallica - enter SANDman - did you see what I did there...

...enjoy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The gloss is taking it's own sweet time to dry - so I'm going to get my head down for a few hours.  I'm still aiming for the 'superhero' option though - 16:37 start - so I still have another 16:37 hours to go as it's now midnight.

See you in the morning - Steve

Morning All - I've been up since 'silly o'clock' - tip toeing around - so as not to disturb Madame X's beauty sleep.

I got the decals on / pushed the wheels onto the metal spindles (it actually rolls along) / added some extra 'stowage' / used some 'grime' wash for the bodywork / a 'sand' wash for the tyre grooves...

Madame X has just got up - so I've just fired up the airbrush for a final matt coat to seal it all in...

fini.jpg

I think I've gone as far as I can - so I'll get some gallery shot posted and call it a day in the next hour or so - once the matt coat has set.

Then I can go back and enjoy some of the other builds.

It's been a nightmare weekend with my old computer going down and you know what it's like when you get a new one - all the keys are 'in the wrong place' and everything takes ten times as long to type.

Nearly forgot - I need a 'timed finish shot' - better not spill anything on the laptop though - I'm keeping it well away from the bench - as I reckon a build up of 'modelling dust' hasn't helped the old one over the last few years.

Steve

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

OK - it's finished and 'nearly' dry...

BB1922.jpg

Total time elapsed - 16 hours - including a kip from midnight to 4am - phew...

Thanks for looking in - Steve

• Like 9

I've popped my pictures in the gallery - but just in case - here they are...

IMG-6328.jpg

IMG-6329.jpg

IMG-6330.jpg

IMG-6331.jpg

IMG-6335.jpg

I was thinking of titling it 'Which Way to the Beach?' - but enough people laugh at my work as it is :doh:

• Like 7

Excellent work Steve. Back to the supidly smalll scale I see! My eyes would burst!

One tip, if you're going to have a bright sunlit backdrop, you need your subject matter lit to match it.

Whilst you're re-taking the photos, here's one you may or may not know, but it's my fav Desert Song

Someone really needs to do a re-make of this film. Perhaps BM members could band together to do all the models. haha

Enjoy.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 2

• BIG X changed the title to Humber Armoured Car +++COMPLETED+++
On 8/24/2019 at 2:11 PM, Mike said:

He always comes over as down-to-earth whenever I've seen him on telly, but I've never met the chap other than seeing him on stage at the Deeside Leisure Centre in the 80s :)

Slight Hijack..

Myself and the Wife did a 'meet and greet' last year @ Rock City in Notts, i've gotta agree he's so approachable in person, he really listens to what you say and really interacts with you..

(The wife made a 'wembley gig book' many yeears ago, and she took it with us to ask him to sign it, he absolutely loved flicking through it and even pointed out where he was stood many years earlier whilst watching Bowie).

they always say you should never meet your idols, well in his case i'd recommend it.

• Like 3

• BIG X changed the title to 1/72 Hasegawa Humber Armoured Car +++COMPLETED+++