NSR500 Mich Doohan 1998

Kibar

Hallo,

this is a kit that I bought many years ago and had no courage to start. Originally it should be build as MoviStar machine, but I managed to spoil the decal, so it will be Repsol's bike. Aftermarket decal is from Shunko Models and it is absolute trash. Avoid it! On the positive side is Zeropaints set - absolute joy to work with )))

VG

K.spacer.png

• Like 3

As I said before decals are useless to replicate big Repsol logo of yellow and red, they are too stiff and do not react at all to softening solutions. Luckily I managed to mix the colours so that the smaller decals and big logo match together :) 

spacer.png

Front folk is aftermarket from TopStudio and it's EXCELLENT! Way better than plastic part and you do not have to paint it. Highly recommend!

spacer.png

Edited by Kibar
  • Like 3

Hallo fellow modeller,

A brief update: decals went on surprisingly well. All the sponsor logos exactly match the colours of the model. Next steps - clear coating, controls and exhaust pipes, windshield.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

She is almost ready to race! I had a major problem with decal when I tried to mask the area with the race number. The decal just disintegrated, so instead of green 1 it will be red 1 ))) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Kibar