Mercury Redstone

This was done as a quick build between projects, and only took eight hours work to complete. It would have been quicker, but the escape rocket mast is VERY fiddly to put together, with more parts than the rest of the rocket put together, and the lack of proper instructions doesn't help. Also the main body of the rocket is presented as tubes, presumably to eliminate sanding of seams; it doesn't. There is a prominent mould seam down both sides of each of the four sections, and a lot of sanding and polishing smooth is still required.

As it was a quick build, I didn't research the colour scheme too much and just followed the instructions on the box, so there are inaccuracies. No weathering was done, as this thing was only used once...

Only one pic, as it doesn't look much different from the other side.

mercurywide_zpswn3m7w9d.jpg

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 21

56 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

Looks great. I presume this is the Horizon kit?

From the base and description of the construction it seems like Dragon's version.  Well put-together, any chance of more detailed photos?

On 24 August 2019 at 6:06 PM, CT7567 said:

From the base and description of the construction it seems like Dragon's version.  Well put-together, any chance of more detailed photos?

It's the Dragon 1/72 kit... I put that in the tags. What detail would you like to see?

Cheers,

Dean

• 2 months later...