H builds a Thornycroft Type PB 4 Ton truck FINISHED

Hockeyboy76

I’m back again in the BlitzBuild, haven’t missed one yet.  Time for a challenge. 

As Jeremy Clarkson is often heard saying “How hard can it be?”

resized_49ad9c98-4a47-408b-a210-52cc82be

resized_19d83a12-511a-496a-9129-68c18888

After a quick check of the parts, it turns out I’m missing the exhaust, the left side of the sliding tilt and the cab back. I guess some scratch building will be required and use of some brass rod to keep @nimrod54 happy. I’m thinking of leaving the sliding tilt off as the load bed has some good wood texture moulded in. 

One 24hr stint or two 12hrs, I don’t know yet. 

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 6

In the style of the great Murray Walker “Stop the startwatch, and it’s go go go”

1145 in the am, helpers on standby 

resized_59623cf6-e50f-4359-851d-8ab27315

I know the watch says 1150, but if it’s 5mins fast you can’t be late!

First job, Pink primer and brass rod. That should keep John @nimrod54 happy. By the way where’s your build?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jinxman said:

Good luck - I like your watch technique - I have ten minutes fast on mine, five minutes wasn't enough for my faffing...😀

I remember being at the RAF Regiment section watching a new LAC getting a b*****g for turning up at 1300, to be fair he was told 1300, but everyone knows you should be there at least 5 mins before. 

A little progress, rocking away to Sounds of the 80s on the BBC sounds app. 

resized_129821b8-6005-4450-80e0-26a16f06

Some scratch work to replace missing parts, this is for the tilt, just found I’m missing another part. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I remember being at the RAF Regiment section watching a new LAC getting a b*****g for turning up at 1300, to be fair he was told 1300, but everyone knows you should be there at least 5 mins before. 

Ahh, the nuances of getting there on time - of course ten minutes early is another opportunity for a beasting - just accept you can't win. 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jinxman said:

Ahh, the nuances of getting there on time - of course ten minutes early is another opportunity for a beasting - just accept you can't win. 😀

Myself and some others received a motivational b*****g from a PTI as we had just passed our fitness test and stopped at the pass level,  instead he said we should have carried on and aimed for a higher level. 

• Haha 2

Right, I’ve called it.... Tea Break!

resized_3550eb7c-6b0f-44c0-8a86-e7eba761

This is where it’s at. Tilt drying under a coat of Olive green. Wheels drying under NATO black, chassis drying under gloss black, radiator drying under gloss red. Cab still needs some work. 

resized_5faae7db-5cdc-41c2-9abc-6e5a03f6

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Looks great in the Gallery HB!

Cheers Steve.

I should really stick to things I know, like things with wings. 

Roll on the next BlitzBuild. 

• Like 1