JETMADS 1:32 D-558-I Skystreak

SpeedyGonzales

Mine seems to have arrived in Milan airport on 30 March. No tracking movements for almost two weeks since it departed Turkey and it finally appeared with an update on 30th. Expecting a delivery this week. Apparently tracking informations like everything are a little bit delayed nowadays, no surprise...

On 05/04/2020 at 22:20, RicardoD said:

Mine seems to have arrived in Milan airport on 30 March. No tracking movements for almost two weeks since it departed Turkey and it finally appeared with an update on 30th. Expecting a delivery this week. Apparently tracking informations like everything are a little bit delayed nowadays, no surprise...

Have you  received the kit yet?

Tracking of my kit does not show anything after March 30th... Departure from office of exchange

5 hours ago, Lightpainter said:

Have you  received the kit yet?

Tracking of my kit does not show anything after March 30th... Departure from office of exchange

Arrived yesterday. It took about 3+ weeks to reach me and after a quick check I can say it's worth all the wait, really good standards for a resin kit. I'd rather start building before I say how good a model it will build into but I am quite happy with what I see as a first impression.

1819f1da-8d6b-4437-81dc-a173e87d8435.jpg

• Like 5

I wonder how the 3D printed tiny parts arrived, it is a major concern for me. Too many delicate parts on the Facebook photos, definitely would not do good to have some of them broken. And how is the surface detail, casting quality etc? Would you hint? Got really excited when I saw your box as mine is also on its way.

I had the delivery made on Monday, package arrived safely. When I had seen the pictures of it I had thought all that packaging stuff was more of a presentation issue. Not only it is really nice not to have all the parts floating freely in a pizza box like package but I now see it is also practical and serves the purpose of protecting very tiny and detailed parts during transportation. There are many such parts and to my joy none of them has suffered a damage, all unbroken and still attached to their carrying blocks. I have not started to build the kit yet but just tried the fuselage dry fit. So far so good and I must say they have earned my respect. Some gray backgrounds on the instructions pages may be printed darker than probably intended, but that's ok. Transparent parts are ok too for a resin kit, they would look better with some extra polishing I think.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IvanVasili said:

That is great Ricardo. What is the kit number and how about a WIP build?

The kit's serial number is 184, Ivan. WIP is quite possible indeed, with so much time at home after all :)

5 hours ago, mattcour said:

I wonder how the 3D printed tiny parts arrived, it is a major concern for me. Too many delicate parts on the Facebook photos, definitely would not do good to have some of them broken. And how is the surface detail, casting quality etc? Would you hint? Got really excited when I saw your box as mine is also on its way.

Parts are very well secured in their slots and they came without any issues. As for the surface details, I particularly liked the wings and empennage parts which feature full line of rivets and panels. Fuselage parts are very well produced too, especially the nose. In fact the main parts looks like to be designed with a plastic kit philosophy. I am not disappointed at all, the kit has met my expectations after all those fancy renderings. I think I will start it asap and make it a WIP build, to see if it goes all that good till the end. 

• Like 1

Mine arrived on Wednesday. For almost two weeks after it left Turkey there was no tracking update and I was wondering. Then it appeared with the customs and was delivered after five days. I was not charged any extras by the customs for the package this time but it is not always the same.

I liked the kit quite a lot, I am now convinced that creating very very tiny small parts with 3D printers is a reasonable thing. Some tiny parts unbelievably measure less than 0.5mm, some are even thinner. I was wondering why no PE parts were included but I see there's absolutely no need and printed parts look even more like the actual details. Making sure that these parts reach the buyer undamaged is also beyond appreciation. I've placed an order for another for my stash before it sells out, but I received a message from them saying that it may take some time before it will be sent due to flight restrictions, which is understandable. Anyway, I agree with those above that it is worth to wait, no matter how long it takes to arrive. Wondering when the Skyrocket will come out in daylight, but I'm definitely a subscriber to their catalogue. Looking forward to seeing the X-3, Neptune and FH-1 Phantom and Fiddler all of which would probably be great to build with all those sort of details.

60b245a5-2936-4014-a6d5-85c46de93ae7.jpg

87d9bd45-d583-4747-9aa0-8784d8f46ec2.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mtkrl92 said:

Some tiny parts unbelievably measure less than 0.5mm, some are even thinner.

How do they come off, if you ever tried yet? Easy? 

1 hour ago, mattcour said:

How do they come off, if you ever tried yet? Easy? 

I've tried a few. They do not easily come off from the supports when you pull, but it's much easier if you apply some lateral force. A trimmer or a very sharp blade would do better I think.

Just got mine too after a week in customs...they did open the outer box as evidenced bij the liberal tape with customs on it.

No damage to the kit itself though 🙂

Just had a quick peek since I am working from home and everything looks fantastic. 

Wil have a detailed look after work.

The kit has a quality look 🙂

My kits arrived today :penguin::penguin:

I haven't had a full check yet but they seem absolutely great at a first glance!! I'll happily spend my time over the weekend to appreciate the quality. Hey Jetmads, sorry that I may have underestimated you and was a bit dubious at first. Please keep up the great work, simply looking forward the future releases  :goodjob::goodjob:

2c98401a-70b3-4f01-9d90-02d5dc7886d9.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived today. Just wonderful packaging, not any smallest and tiniest part had a damage, one has to see it in flesh to truly appreciate the care given. Great surface details and magnificent casting too. A very detailed instructions booklet and great looking decals. I was hesitant to buy when this first came out but now I do not have the slightest regret. I hope it will build into an equally impressive model. I thought even for a moment to place another order but just decided to keep the funds for the upcoming Skyrocket. Really looking forward the X-3 too.

1867cdda-729a-4818-ac9e-7a3d64256f31.jpg

e7e46b5b-5f27-418c-bcf3-4de52227497d.jpg

c74984c0-bfd2-413e-93f6-5edf736e6b5f.jpg

5c1b161d-79ab-4970-b726-10ac6335e6ea.jpg

7dca3779-8422-4aa9-b320-4daa952c238d.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

My kit arrived yesterday, absolutely made me happy:clap2:I've read so far about all the positive comments about this production but hey, one has to see it live! The level of detail is very good, 3D printed parts are crazy and how they managed to print them with their tinier supports is even more crazy. And the foam is a very good idea too to keep them all intact.

Great work on this quality product Jetmads, keep going!! Looking forward to the Skyrocket and Stiletto...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to place an order yesterday. Their website says it is out of stock. Asked them via email if it was available and they replied that all copies sold out. I came across this company here on BM only yesterday, I wish I had seen this thread earlier  😞

2 hours ago, F-4Guy said:

I wanted to place an order yesterday. Their website says it is out of stock. Asked them via email if it was available and they replied that all copies sold out. I came across this company here on BM only yesterday, I wish I had seen this thread earlier  😞

I had bought one during the preorder period. I wanted to buy another one the day before and saw that it sold out. Bad...

I think these guys should consider producing these kits in styrene.

They wanted to limit production to 500 and that’s why every kit is numbered. That gives a feeling of exclusivity. Perhaps that is what they were striving for? I ordered mine in the preorder period too and am very happy I did it!

Edited by Lightpainter