JETMADS 1:32 D-558-I Skystreak

SpeedyGonzales

:yikes::clap2::clap2:

I had a reservation for two kits, one I planned as red and the other as white. If it's coming out that good I would like to keep one always in the stash so now I'm seriously considering a third one :hmmm:

4 hours ago, mtkrl92 said:

Well well well. Things are getting real and serious here! JETMADS people, if you're reading this please just move on to FH-1 Phantom asap :)

More on https://www.facebook.com/JETMADS2016/

Ditto for the FH-1 !!!!!!

7 hours ago, Lightpainter said:

Al cad renders show the rear hinged canopy but you can ask them yourself via FB.

Thanks, I did upon your advice. Their quick reply informed me that No.3 aircraft had a rear-hinged canopy while No.2 had a front hinged one and the front-hinged bubble canopy of the No.1 prototype had been soon converted to front-hinged version V-type canopy.

That for me explains now the chronology of the different canopies of the three aircrafts I see :)

• Like 1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/JETMADS2016/posts/461976274724663

Box comes with an inner cover which can also be used as a wall poster and a soft separator both to protect parts during shipment and keep them organized.

Please be reminded that pre-orders start on January 1.

https://www.jetmads.com/product-page/1-32-d-558-i-skystreak

80807290-461970124725278-729344214468814

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

That IS by far the best packaging of a kit I've seen. I was wondering how the tiny parts would survive the shipping, well, that's the answer. Not to add that it seems very organized, neat and top quality. I am growing impatient to put my hands on it, and the poster onto my wall too.

The packaging is impressive, but I can't help thinking it's a bit OTT and could have been done just as well with an eye on the environment.  Maybe I'm just being a bit bah humbug :hmmm:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

The packaging is impressive, but I can't help thinking it's a bit OTT and could have been done just as well with an eye on the environment.  Maybe I'm just being a bit bah humbug :hmmm:

Greta, be gone!  🤭

V.P.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

An eye on the environment :hmmm:We modelers have long been causing quite a contamination already by styrene (unless there's anyone who eats the sprues after his build), so I would not be bothered by a piece of sponge that keeps things together and organized :)

• Haha 1

Simply liked the idea of such packaging. Practical and impressive as well. Wall poster is a good idea, too, and it looks good. I had some reservations initially when those guys announced their brand and projects a few months ago but it is good to see things are coming real. Some of their future projects are totally within my circle of interest, such as 1/48 Neptune and 1/18 F-5.

Impressive presentation indeed. I never liked resin kits being sold in pizza-box like containers with all those parts in nylon bags and moving all around. This is a really good way of keeping parts and also for me an indication that these guys both respect the work they do and the modelers as well.

The price seems reasonable and when would we have a 1/32 Sksyteak?? So I will not miss this one.

5 hours ago, RicardoD said:

An eye on the environment :hmmm:We modelers have long been causing quite a contamination already by styrene (unless there's anyone who eats the sprues after his build), so I would not be bothered by a piece of sponge that keeps things together and organized :)

I like to think that despite our usage of plastic and volatile organic compounds, modellers are recycle masters and relatively low-impact in terms of waste. Except for paper towels drenched in various kinds of liquid my modelling bin remains quite empty most of the time. Cardboard from boxes gets recycled, spare parts go into the spares box, sprues I often cut up and keep for raw material such as stretched sprue etch.

But I also have to say I tend to agree with Mike in that I'm always a fan of packaging that strikes the balance between part protection and conservation of space and materials. The more packaging, the higher also the cost for transport and storage etc.

J

11 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

I like to think that despite our usage of plastic and volatile organic compounds, modellers are recycle masters and relatively low-impact in terms of waste. Except for paper towels drenched in various kinds of liquid my modelling bin remains quite empty most of the time. Cardboard from boxes gets recycled, spare parts go into the spares box, sprues I often cut up and keep for raw material such as stretched sprue etch.

But I also have to say I tend to agree with Mike in that I'm always a fan of packaging that strikes the balance between part protection and conservation of space and materials. The more packaging, the higher also the cost for transport and storage etc.

J

I prefer more "serious" ways that resin manufacturers should present their kits. Those guys definitely seem to set some new high standards and treating their work as a premium product, which we should be happy about and appreciate. Caring about the environment is no less worthy of appreciation but I do not think anything is ott or overdone here as this seems to be intended as a collection item as well. We probably would count a thousand and more things that harms us environmentally before it comes to a kit box. Should we demand that for instance the Frecce Tricolori and Red Arrows fly less shows or Premier League matches all to be played during daytime to save power? Or maybe we should demand oil companies to shut down first. And how many pieces of non-recyclable packages do we produce when we shop EVEYDAY?

I respect environmental sensitivity and everyone's opinions for that matter, myself being an environmentalist in the first place, but I have already no intention of throwing the box of such a rare limited edition kit into the waste or recycling bin even after the build. 

I agree with you on the cost part, nevertheless that being a matter every payer has to consider himself.

I liked the way they placed the parts in such an organized approach, to me it gives a professional look. Speaking of environmental issues, I do not think a limited edition kit's piece of extra sponge would add too much to the assembly instructions printed on paper of millions of kits produced every year. I have ordered two kits and please do not make me feel guilty for being a cause of the climate change :):)

2 hours ago, SpeedyGonzales said:

I have ordered two kits and please do not make me feel guilty for being a cause of the climate change :):)

All because of you :D

Maybe it's a natural and organic sponge :hmmm:

Edited by KillerMig
Typing Error
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately almost everything today may have some adverse effect on the environment, either small or big. You would not believe the amount of energy to cool servers in datacenters caused by every click on our beloved internet, social media and even forums like these. So I suggest we do not further the environmental discussion and leave it to the Swedish girl :)

From the modelers perspective I must add I found the idea very successful and if you are placing a special emphasis on your product, then that's the sort of thing you come up with, which is purely appealing in my opinion. The good thing is, it not only seems to be visual but practical.

• 5 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/JETMADS2016/posts/487301655525458

Due to the very high number of preorders already received and our production team being completely overloaded to catch up with them, preorders arriving from now on will be most likely shipped after March 1.

Regular orders after the preorder period expires may expect a shipment after March 15.

Thank you,
JETMADS Team

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I made a reservation first and did a preorder and in the mail I got it sounds like this:

Hi,

Our production team is working in full capacity and most of the 3D printed and cast resin parts are completed for all 500 copies. However, number of preorders in the meantime have more than doubled the reservations made for the kit, causing some shifts in the shipping dates even at this maximum production rate. We tried to increase the number of moulds to speed up, however our workforce -already at its 110%- remains as the limiting factor. 

Initial plan was to start shipping right after the pre-orders close, but current projections show shipping will start around 20 February. All shipments will be made with “International Express Delivery Registered Mail” instead of “International Standard Registered Mail” so that deliveries will be effected minimum.

This is the first time we are mass producing a resin kit of 500 copies, making 65.000 total parts for the Skystreak release, so it is also the first time we are experiencing the production timeline in these numbers. We would like to thank you very much for your understanding, which is much appreciated.

Thank you,

JETMADS Team

• 3 weeks later...

I was sent the same mail too, most probably like all who have placed preorders. I'm quite willing to put my hands of my order asap but no problem... I can wait another 2-3 weeks for a 1/32 Skystreak. I understand these guys are producing all 500 kits, which should not be an easy task. Their statement in the email that they are mass producing the kit to cut the costs seem reasonable, so delivery schedule change in such an endeavour is not a surprise to me.

• 2 weeks later...

New mail today:

Van: JETMADS <[email protected]>
Datum: vrijdag 28 februari 2020 om 14:47
Aan: 'JETMADS' <[email protected]>
Onderwerp: Shipments Starting on 16 March

Hi,

Shipments of the Skystreak kits will start on 16 March. Transparent parts for canopies are the only ones in production right now, so we do not expect a need for further extra time. 

We are currently having difficulties in accessing our social media accounts including Facebook due to general restrictions applied by the government after yesterday’s political and military conflicts in Syria. We are about 1.000km away from the conflicts which are taking place out of our borders and by no means effected in any way other than social media access problems, because of which you are kindly requested to use emails for any questions and queries you may have.

On the other hand, we are working on arrangements regarding our future releases that will enable us to ship pre-orders immediately after the pre-order period ends, no matter how high the number of pre-orders may be.

Thank you,

JETMADS Team

On 2/28/2020 at 6:34 PM, Lightpainter said:

New mail today:

Van: JETMADS <[email protected]>
Datum: vrijdag 28 februari 2020 om 14:47
Aan: 'JETMADS' <[email protected]>
Onderwerp: Shipments Starting on 16 March

Hi,

Shipments of the Skystreak kits will start on 16 March. Transparent parts for canopies are the only ones in production right now, so we do not expect a need for further extra time. 

We are currently having difficulties in accessing our social media accounts including Facebook due to general restrictions applied by the government after yesterday’s political and military conflicts in Syria. We are about 1.000km away from the conflicts which are taking place out of our borders and by no means effected in any way other than social media access problems, because of which you are kindly requested to use emails for any questions and queries you may have.

On the other hand, we are working on arrangements regarding our future releases that will enable us to ship pre-orders immediately after the pre-order period ends, no matter how high the number of pre-orders may be.

Thank you,

JETMADS Team

I've received the same, too, probably like all those who placed an order. One thing I especially appreciate about these guys, other than the projects they have been announcing, is the way they keep communicating and providing updates.

• Like 1