Polikarpov I-16 type 17, 1/72 Hasegawa *Completed*

Brad

I'm tempted to have a crack at this, so here I am. I'm going for the 24 hour build, will start things at midnight on Saturday morning as I'll be awake watching the cricket. Plan is to get a good 3 hours build in until about 3am, then some sleep and go hard when I wake up until midnight on Sunday morning.

MJ2gnd2.jpg?1

Edited by Brad
  • Like 11

HA HA - Those cunning Aussies strike again - guess it's not just the Ashes where they are way ahead of us :lol:

Good luck with the build Brad :thumbsup:

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Whew, 2.5 hours and ready for some paint. I'm buggered, will get some sleep now and do some painting in the morning. Had some problems with one side of the wings. might see if I can fix that a little more in the morning too. Otherwise good.

AFoKtLR.jpg?1

• Like 5

Alrighty, I've painted some blue on the under sides and had that sitting in the sun for a little while. Lunch has been had and I'm about ready to paint the wheels and prop then mask up for the camouflage. I'll do the two tone green just cos I like it. Once done, I'll throw some gloss straight over it then back into the sun for drying and decals later this afternoon. Should have some time left for weathering too.

jkWaGXW.jpg?1

• Like 4

Doneski. A touch under 18 hours. I really enjoyed this and I think it just what a needed to get going again after being sick for the last few weeks. I'll have some better pictures up soon.

m6vQghX.jpg?1

• Like 8

On 8/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, Hockeyboy76 said:

Good luck. Hope your paint dries in time. Many of us have fallen foul of paint in these BlitzBuilds. 

Yes, I'm one of them. :( Good choice though I love these little Russian fighters.

Ye Gods it's built already...and painted...and weathered. I'm suitably in awe! Very very nice build.

• Like 2