1/48 - Mil Mi-24 "Hind" family by Kitty Hawk - in project

Homebee

Kitty Hawk has 1/48th Mil Mi-24 "Hind" helicopter kit(s ?) in project.
Let's have a look at the M. Song Wang message herebelow. "all, on the way": SU-25 ok, Su-25UB ok, APA-5D ok but also something new... A Mi-24P "Hind-F"!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/369828906819827/permalink/679965482472833/

MI24.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

Man... After the Kitty Hawk 1:48 Huey, Seasprite and 1:35 AH-6 and MH60 I had hoped for a kit of something that's not already available….

Well I can always hope, can't I?! 😏

Edited by GeejeeZ

Oh yes, Kitty hawk rocks. how many models I use to get? let me count it,

-Ka-52

-Mil-28

-Su-25

-Su-54

-Su-30

-Ural 4320

-M-2000

and Mi-24

How about the EC 665 Tiger one day? the NH-90 could be fine too. Wht Revell and Italerie won't make those models? maube KH will.

• Like 1

Awesome! I loved the Trumpeter kit but it was just a bit too big for my liking so this would do an absolute treat. Now if only some kind (and extremely talented) soul could also design a set of decals to turn it into the 'Alien' Hind it would be mind blowing!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Awesome! I loved the Trumpeter kit but it was just a bit too big for my liking so this would do an absolute treat. Now if only some kind (and extremely talented) soul could also design a set of decals to turn it into the 'Alien' Hind it would be mind blowing!

+1

On 8/24/2019 at 1:32 PM, salomon said:

Oh yes, Kitty hawk rocks. how many models I use to get? let me count it,

-Ka-52, Mil-28, Su-25, Su-57, Su-30, Ural 4320, M-2000, Mi-24

How about the EC 665 Tiger one day? the NH-90 could be fine too. Wht Revell and Italerie won't make those models? maube KH will.

Yeah, I hope all those don't come out at once as it will be a fortune to invest.

Also, perhaps these announcements kick the competition out of their sleep as all these kits are long overdue (e.g. Hobby-Boss should have downscaled Trumpeter's 1/35 Hind and the 1/32 Su-25 a long time ago).

Edited by Dudikoff

On 8/24/2019 at 11:32 AM, salomon said:

Will the NH-90 and Tigre come with ground crew trying to fix them instead of pilots to make them more realistic 😁

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 10:32 PM, Nocoolname said:

It is not difficult to downscale the 32 model, why Trumpeter never did it?

But Trumpeter 1/35 kit haven' t warping on back. Only accurate kit of Hind is 1/72 Zvezda series. I hope a KH make Hind with over surface rivets and warping fuselage... but i don't understand why Zvezda don' t upscale their nice kit. But thank you KH, their Viper/Venom are nice.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AlCZ said:

But Trumpeter 1/35 kit haven' t warping on back. Only accurate kit of Hind is 1/72 Zvezda series. I hope a KH make Hind with over surface rivets and warping fuselage... but i don't understand why Zvezda don' t upscale their nice kit. But thank you KH, their Viper/Venom are nice.

Absolutely Zvezda is the best one but even them omitted two bulbs at the upper surface of the wings.

fb6CIvC.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 1:53 AM, Uncle Uncool said:

P.S: I've already had two pints of Indian Pale Ale; not even 21:00 yet. 

Hinds & IPA..?

Obviously you're a man of exquiste tastes all around. 

Cheers,

Andre

The latest update of the upcoming model lists from american Michael Benolkin of Cybermodeler Online

indicates for 2020 a complete fleet of Russian helicopters at Kittyhawk :

KA-50 Alligator Hokum A ;

KA-52 Alligator Hokum B ;

MI-171 Hip ;

MI-24 Hind E ;

MI-24 Hind F ;

MI-28 Havoc ;

MI-35 Hind ;

MI-8/17 Hip ;

Nothing less ! To be continued !

😎

SharkOwl

Reference: https://www.cybermodeler.com/special/kits/kit_acft_scale.shtml

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hook said:

Hinds & IPA..?

Cheers,

Andre

You're probably right... Hind users used to taste content of this pink bottle and it was quite strong but rather bland... dJiyM7Y.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stakor said:

You're probably right... Hind users used to taste content of this pink bottle and it was quite strong but rather bland... 

It probably got the job done on those cold Siberian nights... 😎

Cheers,

Andre

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hook said:

Hinds & IPA..?

Well, Andre; my fascination with IPAs was by utter & sheer chance, I guess; one Friday night I returned home to find my sheila was throwing a shindig. The lasses had not only guzzled down all of my Stella Artoises, but also they were playing music the kind of Erasure, Scissors Sisters?, George Michael and stuff on the same Hi-Fi I play my Heavy Metal music! :analintruder: (Outrageous). So, after I kicked everyone out, I saw that there were a couple bottles of IPA brews left in the fridge.

Little did I know how good these were; finished those off and went to fetch some more at the Bottle-O. Drank Stella Artoises ne'er again after that.

Yeh, me didn't...

Cheers,

Unc2  

I did not realize the Mi 8/17 was in their pipeline but am very excited to see it.  Just so many versions and markings that it will be impossible to resist.  And of course I. will need the alien version of the Hind and Aligator too.  I love helecopter models and this whole thread is getting me revved up!