Dragon 1/16 tank commander

Soeren

Hey there, I bought the Dragon Tank Commander 1609 quite some time ago for adding it to a tank dio. Put it in the stash and there he went.

Grew some balls and put my big boy pants on and started this one. It is shown in black tank jacket, but I figured I need to try camo. So decided to do this as Eichenlaubmuster jacket. From what I have found so far, they did almost all clothing also from the various came patterened cloth.

The paint is Vallejo WSS paint set. So base color is Saddle brown, folds got some shading with mixed in Chocolate Brown and hugjlight by adding Sunny Skin Tone.  The camo then started with stippled on WSS Camo Black Green, that actually doesnt looks as black when applied on it´s own. The light green is their Olive Green from that set and then the odd dot of Saddle brown.

Then I went on with Armypainter Washes Strong Tone/Soft Tone 60:40 for some outlining and focussed glazing of shades into the folds of various depth.

I now plan to do the Chocolate Brown washes followed by some highlighting according with the description in the paint set. That should help toning down in the vibrancy of the green.

So this is where I am at the moment. Very inexperienced with figures yet, I welcome any comments and suggestions.

Thanks guys.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Did some stuff here, details, variosu shadow and highlight attempts and some flat varnish in the end. Muted down the vibrancy alot. Hmm.The trousers are some fieldgray, shoes brown. Should start on the head and ands to finish the figure

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

Thank you so much @fatfingers. I have to be humble though, I was pointed towards the wrong orientation of the shoulder pieces -thank you so much, you know who you are-. Luckily I was able to correct this without too much damage.

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 1

Excellent work on the jacket! 

Just a little tip if you don't mind, try a very pale flesh coloured wash on the whites of the eyes to tone down the starkness a bit. Have a look in the mirror or at photos and you'll see what I mean. You're doing a very good job though. 👍🏼

Roger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Roger thank you for that. I gave the eyes a slight gloss coat and let it dry over night. I plan to add some Army painter wash to give it some shade and to tone I'd down. The colour I used for the eyes is Ivory and not fully opaque, so some of the dark Base coat was still shining through . The iris is of course a stark contrast increasing the whitish appearance of the sclera.

• Like 1

Good evening Sirs,

did what was left and just wanted to get it off the bench. The cap was painted with Vallejo Model Air Pale Camo Brown instead of Model Color Saddle Brown as the jacket. In retrospect, the pale brown is less saturated - hence the name I guess ;) - and looks more like a camo color, like that better and was a reason to try that. On the internet I found both browns as recommended for the job. Actually the Vallejo WSS color set has the Saddle brown as the base color on summer camo. The light green was desaturated on the cap as well and I didnt go crazy with the washes as on the jacket. Also lesson learned, Here I just went on with am mix of tha fantastic Army Painter washes soft tone and strong tone. The flow better than the set recommended thinned down chocolate brown, still blend but with less coverage. Some Outlining was then done with dark tone. They eyes got the treatment as recommended by Roger.

Her is the face and the 360 on RFI.

spacer.png

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...