Scania T143H 6x2 tipper conversion

1 hour ago, Neddy said:

Sorry Jeroen, you don't normally equate tipper drivers with "careful"...  🙂

Well, I picture myself driving this thing, surely I would be the world's most careful tipper driver 😀

• Haha 3

I remember when this build started, I immediately fell in love with the Scania T134H kit and its been on my wishlist ever since.  I will pick one up eventually, but the only mods I'll be doing is a different colour, nothing as awesome this.  Your scratch building is mainly what pushed me to eventually try it recently, and I made a nice little 1940's microphone for my Jessica Rabbit figure.  It was only 5 pieces though.  This is another amazing build, and the weathering is sooo good.  Well done my friend, I love it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I remember when this build started, I immediately fell in love with the Scania T134H kit and its been on my wishlist ever since.  I will pick one up eventually, but the only mods I'll be doing is a different colour, nothing as awesome this.  Your scratch building is mainly what pushed me to eventually try it recently, and I made a nice little 1940's microphone for my Jessica Rabbit figure.  It was only 5 pieces though.  This is another amazing build, and the weathering is sooo good.  Well done my friend, I love it.

Thanks HP, I'm glad I was apparently able to inspire you to mess around with some white plastic 🙂 .... I had a look at your microphone, that's looking rather sweet.

• Thanks 1

This has turned out really well .... paint and the weathering of the tipper body look fantastic! 👌 

Keith 😁 

• Like 1

I'm happy to say this is the final WIP post, after three and a half years. Well, it's been in stasis on multiple occasions for a good length of time, but this has been quite the project. Today I spent almost the full day on all the small stuff that comes with finishing a build. Now, just some minor touch ups and final bit of weathering on the cab. 

I had this very nice 3 series PE set from CTM, it comes with all the badges and mirrors. I used a set for my 142 build, and I have another set for a 141 that's in the stash. Great stuff. 

20240211213151-ea3b73f9-me.jpg

I didn't take any other pics during the day, I was all about finishing the build. 

But here she is, just about all done. Like I said, minor touches and some weathering, and also air horns for the roof which are painted and currently drying. 

20240211213151-c0c0fb4e-me.jpg

20240211213151-ac054ffb-me.jpg

It will be a challenge to take proper photo's, she's big. 

20240211213151-702214b2-me.jpg

Later this week I'll get her finished, I'm too tired now and I would rush things. Just one more session and then RFI. 

• Like 11

Another great model for what must be a very large display case by now. Great scratchbuilding and clever solutions, I like the fact that you construct by hand rather than 3D print. Both techniques have their place but just call me a traditionalist. Nice work.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anteater said:

Another great model for what must be a very large display case by now. Great scratchbuilding and clever solutions, I like the fact that you construct by hand rather than 3D print. Both techniques have their place but just call me a traditionalist. Nice work.  

I like fiddling with white plastic, but that's not saying I'll never get a 3D printer, I'd love to have one. But for now, I'm spending the time I have on building stuff, rather than learning to use the design software. That's a whole new hobby 🙂 

But some day... 

And yes, the big units take up a lot of space, I need more shelves. This is a photo of about a year ago, it's fuller now. 

20230101080236-74679659-me.jpg

The time is about right to get some glass shelves so I can double up on space in some of the compartments, but still be able to see what's in there. 

• Like 5

I only came in on the final stages of this build but it was fascinating to watch it progress and I really admire the result.

• Like 1