Airfix Spitfire Vb.XXXFinishedXXXXXX

stevej60

Hi folk's, I didn't want to miss this GB but not wanting to buy anything(SWMBO order's) the only thing in my small stash I could manage in the 

timescale was the old Airfix VB which was passed on by my eldest when he had a clearout a few months ago.I've happy memories of building this

kit when released this is the most recent issue.I'm off this weekend but at work PM Monday so a repeat of May's GB is in order  a Sunday and

Monday morning build probably in 4/5 hours in total over the two days.

20190821_111533

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 11

Yes! My favourite all-time kit. 😀

It was the first kit I ever built where I tried to build for quality rather than speed. Wish I still had it.

Good luck with it.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Good luck with your build Steve. You always manage some crackers in these BlitzBuilds. 

Many thanks HB,we'll see how she turns out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Steve,

this will be good!

I am echoing what @Jinxman has written: my all time favourite kit as well. I still have one in the stash, and I am keeping it for a special occasion. But it won't be built in two days... Not that I would know how to...

Have fun

JR

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Steve,

this will be good!

I am echoing what @Jinxman has written: my all time favourite kit as well. I still have one in the stash, and I am keeping it for a special occasion. But it won't be built in two days... Not that I would know how to...

Have fun

JR

These must be great kits indeed, I will need to look out for one. Whilst I love a save for a special occasion build, JR you would be really surprised what you knock out once in the blitz build vortex! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

These must be great kits indeed, I will need to look out for one. Whilst I love a save for a special occasion build, JR you would be really surprised what you knock out once in the blitz build vortex! 

Hi Valkyrie,

I know you are right, and I am sure I would surprise myself if I ever were in a blitz build vortex.

But what I would love most would be to see you trying to explain this to my wife....

My apologies for not being able to keep a straight face...

But what a great hobby!!!!

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The original boxing with the marking's for Jan Zumbach's RF-D with that beautiful artwork is still available with the pre-owned

seller's oh that lovely blue plastic,I bought one a year or two back just for the nostalgia.Anyway a change of plan as we now have

no plans for the weekend so I'm changing to a Sat/Sun build so I reckon an eight AM kick off.

"Open the other bottle of wine I think we'll watch Aquaman" she said,three this morning I finally hit the sack doesn't she realise

it's Blitzbuild weekend? Anyway tea in hand I'm off into the loft for a nine start I reckon I have two hour's max before the tiny 

terror arrives and that's all the time I may have today.Photos soon.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

I had a similar experience when Mrs MF got back last night (no Aquaman though) so I guess we are on the hangoverblitzspit GB!

Regards,

Adrian

A bacon sarnie worked well Adrian!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi folk's I got less time than planned for this  session as the tiny terror has arrived for the day.

Nine o'clock start parts ready.

20190824_085804

Just before ten wings done,interior and wheel wells painted and other items painted on the sprue.

20190824_095454

And ten past ten joints sanded wing joint filled and ready for paint,I might get an hour later tonight before the Guiness calls

and I have to trudge up the Cricket club so I hope to get at least primer on.

20190824_100916

• Like 9

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

.... before the Guinness calls and I have to trudge up the Cricket club so I hope to get at least primer on.

..if Guinness were calling me I'd be sprinting, well as close to sprinting as I can get these days. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi folk's late start(Guiness) so where we left off yesterday.

20190825_100039

Sprayed overall in the underside gray left to dry,masked then upper surface gray applied.

20190825_104223

And time for a cuppa now as first coat of green brushed on and drying.Back soon.

20190825_111211

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

Hi folk's glossed her after the last photos and left for a couple of hours,I suddenly realised I had no decal's for this kit my

eldest probably still has them so a search through the decal box unearthed the USAAF option from a long gone build way 

back.Too hot to work up in the loft now till this evening but with what's left to do and up till 10PM to do it no worries.only

a few jobs like the yellow leading edge to do and I hadn't mentioned till now but I scribed the wing and tail ailerons so they 

can be posed so hopefully despite the paint and coatings they can be teased into position.

20190825_132310

• Like 7

5 hours ago, stevej60 said:

scribed the wing and tail ailerons

It's the little things that make these blizbuilds so impressive

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beggsy said:

Looks great, and very quick progress!

12 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

That looks fantastic, honestly you've got a time machine haven't you, just between us you can admit it :D

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Wow that escalated quickly

Great job 

13 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

That looks fantastic, honestly you've got a time machine haven't you, just between us you can admit it :D

2 hours ago, Ted said:

It's the little things that make these blizbuilds so impressive

Many thanks folks,it's been great fun as usual!

Brilliant work as usual Steve - btw - Aquaman - Madame X protested loudly when I put it on - then sat and watched the whole thing - fun movie :lol:

Well done on a smashing result - Steve

• Like 1