Hataka vs. AK Interactive

RadMax8

Hey all, 

I’m currently looking for a good source for WWII VVS colors, and I’ve come across two brands that seem to have all the colors I’d need. Hataka and AK Interactive both have sets for both early and late colors in acrylic. Given that they represent a reasonable investment, I’d be interested in hearing anyone’s opinion and experience with these paints. 

Thanks in advance for any input!

Edited by RadMax8
Clarification

Can't speak for VVS colours, but for contemporary Russian colours, I went for AK Interactive on my Su-27.

Would have liked to have tried Hataka if it could have been decanted from the bottle without needing the pressure of the bench vice........

God knows how much thinner it would have needed. A bloody expensive 4-bottle set, straight into the bin !

Not happy, Jan !

4 hours ago, roginoz said:

Can't speak for VVS colours, but for contemporary Russian colours, I went for AK Interactive on my Su-27.

Would have liked to have tried Hataka if it could have been decanted from the bottle without needing the pressure of the bench vice........

God knows how much thinner it would have needed. A bloody expensive 4-bottle set, straight into the bin !

Not happy, Jan !

Sorry to hear about your experience! Were they dried out or something before they got to you?

3 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Are you only considering hot acrylics?

I suppose I’m open to anything, but given that I’m across the pond it seems that my options are a bit limited. Do you have suggestions?

I recently got myself a single bottle of hataka acrylic blue line tan colour. It is advertised as suitable for brush painting but thins beautifully with IPA and sprays like charm . It was an experience good enough to warrant another order for 3 more bottles . 

I also have AK interactive acrylic paints - two different kind infact. One of them comes in a vallejo acrylic kinda bottle and works similarly. Another in a glass bottle and that paint is an abomination . The ONLY paint in my entire stable that I simply could not thin with anything - prolly added something to push their own brand thinner. 

Hataka costs almost half and I will personally suggest that.