1/48th French Air Force EMB-312F Tucano

This is the 48th scale Hobbyboss Tucano. Built as an EMB-312F serving with the French Air Force while based at Salon-de-provence AB in 2009. Extras are the fantastic @CaracalModelsdecals, Pavla ejection seats and Quick boost exhausts. It's now my favourite subject in the display cabinet.

Cheers,

Mick

IMG20190820221843.jpg

IMG20190820221857.jpg

IMG20190820221913.jpg

IMG20190820221924.jpg

IMG20190820221945.jpg

• Like 17

On 8/21/2019 at 10:52 AM, pacificmustang said:

sweet scheme Mick

Thanks Bruce.

11 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Sweet. Never seen one of those before.

Pete

Thanks Pete. It's a bit different.

9 hours ago, CaracalModels said:

Very nice - I hope you liked the decals. Please consider applying the farewell scheme markings as well; they really look striking on the tail.

Thanks, you've got some really nice decals there and with Cartograf printing them you can't go wrong with them.

The plan was to put the anniversary 'Bye' + tail art on it however that's were it came unstuck. Two things happened. Firstly the pilot emblem tore in half, which resulted in a few expletives and secondly I realised that the decal needed to be cut to shape to fit around the horizontal stab. There is a cut out at the fuselage corner of the elevator to allow for left/right rudder travel however the art work sits partially above and below the horizontal stab. I realised that I should have measured and cut it prior to gluing them in position. They're going on a display at a show this weekend and I've got a few other projects on the go to finish so I didn't want to faff around trying to fit it. I'll most likely get to it after I've displayed it. On the other hand, if they'd been trimmed to shape then that's another story.

Happy to chat about it offline.

Mick

7 hours ago, exdraken said:

very pristine  trainer in an attractive color scheme!

:thumbsup:

Thanks Draken

4 hours ago, RMCS said:

Niiiice 

Thanks Richard.

3 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I love it! Great finish of a wonderful looking plane.

Thanks Harold.