Hasegawa 1/48 Spitfire Mk VIII SEAC

For inspection is this Hasegawa 1:48 Spitfire Mk VIII. Though I had applied decals on this many weeks back, I only got around to doing a panel wash and sealing it with dull coat last night. Mostly straight out of the box except for the Eduard seat belts. The real MT 719 has been restored and still flies out of Addison airport in Texas. I have tried to build it in the configuration/markings it might have had when handed over to India (1946/1947). According to the book "Spitfires in the Sun" by Vikram Singh, MT 719  was one of the first aircraft to be flown into action to counter the Jammu and Kashmir invasion.  It was used to  strafe enemy columns and carry out offensive reconnaissance missions. and it played a vital part in the battle of Shelatang on 7 November 1947, which was a turning point for the conflict.

I used Model Master acrylic colors. For the clear gloss and clear flat I used  Model Master acrylics as well. For the panel wash I used Tamiya's black panel line accent. My photography skills aren't great but hopefully you will like what you see.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png