Novo Black Widow.XXXFinishedXXXXXX

stevej60

Hi folks,apologies as even I'm sick of seeing my own builds now in this GB but one last one to inflict on you now,Chris(English Electric) sent me

the twin Mustang and sneaked this kit in as well,now I would have loved to do the Mustang but to do it justice it would need time,replacement

canopies and decals.This one looks a bit rough in parts but the make or break items of this kit are the canopies but I have to say they are spot on

Pete is trying to source decals but worse case I could cobble together a bogus scheme.

20190819_202712

'

I've never built a Black Widow nor seen this kit before but Chris had started the interior and scratch built I think the lot.I've just freshened

the paintwork added seat bases a rear cockpit seat and done some harness from tape,only an IP to add and a few decals.

20190819_202708

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4

Looks good, Steve.

I think I have an Airfix 'Widow decal sheet somewhere.  Would that be of use?

Let me know one way or t'other.

Regards

Martin

Hi Steve,

I have decs for the Twin Mustang if you want them but nothing for the "Widow". There are probably canopies available - late model Mustang I think.(Hannants have Squadron ones for the Revell P/F82 kit for £4.99).

Mustang

Edited by PeterB

10 hours ago, mike romeo said:

Looks good, Steve.

I think I have an Airfix 'Widow decal sheet somewhere.  Would that be of use?

Let me know one way or t'other.

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin that would be great let me know if you find them,if not as I said I could cobble together stars and a serial .

9 hours ago, PeterB said:

I have decs for the Twin Mustang if you want them but nothing for the "Widow". There are probably canopies available - late model Mustang I think

Great Pete as I would struggle for any decal's for this one,if I was clever enough I could polish up the kit canopies but new seems to be the way to go,

I'll PM my details.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Hi Martin that would be great let me know if you find them,if not as I said I could cobble together stars and a serial .

OK, Steve.

I'll have a look this evening and post a picture when I find them.

Regards

Martin

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Hi Martin they might improve with a few days on the windowsill,look good to me.

Ok Steve,

Pm me your addy and I'll get them off to you.

Regards

Martin

12 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

I have an Airfix one in the stash so I’m looking forward to a compare and contrast.

Got to be better than this one Adrian,the plastic is very industrial nothing like I've come across on a model kit.

Hi Steve,

Now I think about it I probably used repl;acement canopies myself on the Twin Mustang as the kit ones were pretty poor. If so then the ones I mentioned ought to fit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Steve,

Now I think about it I probably used repl;acement canopies myself on the Twin Mustang as the kit ones were pretty poor. If so then the ones I mentioned ought to fit.

Well I've been cleaning up the parts on the Mustang Pete all in all a pretty straight forward build once the mountain of flash was

removed,I might try and polish up the canopies then decide whether to get her into the GB.

• Like 1

Steve,

As I recall I built and painted the F-82 but disliked the canopies so much I left it gathering dust for 2 years. Eventually I found the replacement canopies I mentioned, dusted it down, took the old canopies off and fitted the replacements followed by the decals about a year ago. It's a bit "chunky" and my black gloss finish is a bit like treacle, but it looks Ok. I shied away from the fancy decs that I have sent you and went for the simpler option. It does not take long to build and the paint scheme is easy enough, unlike some. Probably take you longer to put the decs on than to build and paint it!

Pete

PS looking forward to the Foch - going well already.

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

On 20/08/2019 at 22:42, mike romeo said:

Here are the photos.  The decals are quite yellowed, but may respond to uv.  Any use?

Decals arrived today Martin on the windowsill for a few days,again many thanks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Steve,

Yet again Royal Mail excelled themselves - were not collected until yesterday morning so 1 day 2nd class!

Pete

That is pretty good going Pete,I'll get the Airfix Spitfire done for the Blitzbuild over the weekend then crack on with this one which

should see me till the end of the month then I think I owe it to you and Chris to build the Mustang and make do and mend the

original canopies.

Morning folks this morning's session was devoted to this and the Phantom.The plastic is like none I've dealt with before very brittle

and needs to be left at least a day to dry when glued but we're getting there.Wings cleaned up and sanded and booms also,it must 

have been in the mold process but big chunks of plastic were missing from all four halves where the tail curves round to the boom.

all filled and drying.

20190823_103606

• Like 7

On 8/19/2019 at 10:58 PM, stevej60 said:

Hi folks,apologies as even I'm sick of seeing my own builds now in this GB but one last one to inflict on you now,Chris(English Electric) sent me

the twin Mustang and sneaked this kit in as well,now I would have loved to do the Mustang but to do it justice it would need time,replacement

canopies and decals.This one looks a bit rough in parts but the make or break items of this kit are the canopies but I have to say they are spot on

Pete is trying to source decals but worse case I could cobble together a bogus scheme.

20190819_202712

'

I've never built a Black Widow nor seen this kit before but Chris had started the interior and scratch built I think the lot.I've just freshened

the paintwork added seat bases a rear cockpit seat and done some harness from tape,only an IP to add and a few decals.

20190819_202708

I can't take the credit for the interior I'm afraid - it came in a big box of spare and started kits and I've not done anything with it. Someone did make a nice start though - agreed...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stevej60 said:

That is pretty good going Pete,I'll get the Airfix Spitfire done for the Blitzbuild over the weekend then crack on with this one which

should see me till the end of the month then I think I owe it to you and Chris to build the Mustang and make do and mend the

original canopies.

Yay! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Despite wanting to build one of these for many years I've never got round to building one.

This looks the business.

Cheers Pat 

Well do yourself a favour Pat,get the Hobbyboss version a lot less stressful!!!!

• Haha 3