1981 F-117A Nighthawk Skunk 1/48

exdraken

as if my backlog would not be big enough already.....

but after absolutely not finding anything suitable for 1981, a great F-117 build with the US flag on it this week on BM made me look the Nighthawk up on  wikipedia... it had its first flight back then!! yipee!

and then I thought of my very first 48th scale plastic model... exactly, Revell's Nighthawk.....

and here it is again, this time hopefully to turn out better....

to be done in flight, with a big Skunk on the bottom....

any photos of the real thing out there? -- with the Skunk I mean! did it really exist?

and is is still used operationally (the F-117 I mean...)

Twobobs did decals some time ago....

ztrNPUH.jpg

g431PxA.jpg

boy contents... i have it better quality  in my memory....the PE is nice though!

wonder how that weapons bay builds up CLOSED.... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: 

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 6

Thanks for starting a build thread for 1981 and this F-117 kit. I’ve seen the Tamiya kit built up and boy is it large. I’ve also never seen those skunk decals before so would be keen to see if any photos do exist. Something tells me that these aircraft have now been retired, however please don’t quote me on that... I seem to be stuck in a 20th century time warp and can’t seem to recall too many aviation details from this century so far. 

Cheers and warm welcome.. Dave