P-40B Pearl Harbor Defender

Just started some detail painting of cockpit. WOW! What an excellent kit! There seems to be no major problems with

this kit. I looked at the questionable "Nun's Hat" and scratched my head. It really can't be seen and why all the fuss?

Anyways it looks like a winner for Airfix on this one.---John

kmpYOBL.jpg

97eABnf.jpg

0v98rwe.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks. I have a start on the cockpit with the seat and control stick in place. I also painted and decaled the instrument

panel. The decal snuggled right into the engraved details with some Solvaset.---John

VCWwYue.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks, it's one of their best I think. I have the cockpit in the fuselage and the fuselage closed up.

I filled a few voids before I go any further.---John

VXYky8H.jpg

otzq6yE.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

All sanded and ready to move on. I was looking ahead and noticed the wings have a canvas

liner I need to paint that's not interior green. Airfix calls out 72 Khaki Drill by Humbrol. What

actually is that color? It looks almost like a gray khaki? I want to mix my own color, what are

my colors needed?---John

K901vce.jpg

UojPe3Y.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks, I found an image on line at I think a museum at Pearl Harbor and the P-40B

there had a canvas liner. I replicated that canvas color as best I could with an acrylic

mix.---John

NwVdUQC.jpg

5jJMnrl.jpg

On 03/09/2019 at 20:34, Johnv said:

Thanks, I found an image on line at I think a museum at Pearl Harbor and the P-40B

there had a canvas liner. I replicated that canvas color as best I could with an acrylic

mix.---John

NwVdUQC.jpg

5jJMnrl.jpg

Or this:

48709466661_f5f896897b_b.jpg

Chris

• 4 years later...