DHC-2 Beaver - Airfix or Hobbycraft?

RidgeRunner

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

And accurate, or at least better than Airfix?

Hi,

At least better Naca-ring than Airfix. Otherwise roughly on-par. Hobbycraft has almost no surface detailing versus Airfix raised panel lines and rivets.

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depends on the version you want to make - the Hobbycraft one doesn't have the upper fuselage windows (or at least the outlines for them) of the Airfix kit. Also, beware of the batch of Hobbycraft kits released with non-clear plastic fuselages frames!

From another site:

The Hobbycraft kit bears a more than strong resemblance to the Airfix offering.

The fuselage parts breakdown is quite different, Airfix used conventional inserted windows while Hobbycraft did the entire fuselage in clear plastic. The Airfix kit has rivets but nothing five minutes with sandpaper won't fix. Beyond that, one gets the strong impression - no accusation here - that the models had a common root.

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @AaCee26 @bentwaters81tfw @Dave Fleming. My intention - one day - will be to build a Latin machine (probably a camouflaged Colombian). It would be a landplane version. I asked because I have two Airfixs in the piloe and I had the chance of a Hobbycraft, which I grabbed without thinking.  Your posts are very encouraging.

Martin