Vespa primavera

Hewy

vIHQQjH.jpg

Its the  recently rereleased italeri 1/9 vespa primavera , i dont know how  old the molds are but I'm guessing ancient, flash is prominent ,and some detail is very poor, worst of all rubber tyres uggh,

But as i used to ride, and restore old scooters back in the day, i was drawn to this ,among many scooters i owned the primevera was not one of them, but i know the small frame variety fairly well, theres some  work to do, while the body work looks quite good (a couple of sink marks apart) the engine is a little poor on the molding side for its scale ,this is where I'm  up for suggestions for nut and bolt detail parts, the real primmy had  8mm 10mm and 12mm nuts and bolts  in prominance on the engine casing, and wheel hubs, and ,rims ,do i go resin or pe , , where do i get them from ? , if any of the detail builders here can help  it will be very much appreciated  ,modifications to cars and bikes (scooters) is not my area, but im up for trying ..,paint finish? Its not going to be a stanard  single colour, in the early 80s custom scooters were  the order of the day ,the body work will be standard, but 20 or so years ago many  custom paint jobs used to pay homage to all sorts of subjects, this one  will be ww2 fighters ,bombers,  pin up ladys ,and the painting will be appropriate to this, so the kit and sprues

First the chrome sprue , this won't  do at all, it must come off,

out with the oven cleaner

lRAvpzX.jpg

The main body work , speedo will need a bit of a  fettle

fOYJcLF.jpg

The molded on number plate holder is also for the chop,  Here you can see the engine casing devoid of nut or bolt detail

cUCOFGQ.jpg

And thats about it , some number plate decals and a couple of wire springs for the shocks ,

I shall  begin 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, colin said:

Looking forward to this.

I see Italeri is to relese a 1/12 Alfa saying new molds, I wonder if it will be all new molds or someone elses repop with one new sprue

Scalmates might shed some light on the alfa , it didn't with this kit  though,

Thank colin I've  got the faux chrome in the caustic soda bath, and made a start on the engine , but i now need  nut and bolt detail and am currently searching the www

Also for bomber and fighter pin up decals 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

For nuts and bolts try here https://prime-miniatures.co.uk

Good luck with the build, looking forward to following your progress.

1 hour ago, Marco F. said:

Hi, if you can't find you're looking for at the Link Mark sent you....

I have another one dealing with tiny screws and so on...

But I guess you don't need this adress anymore...

https://ghw-modellbau.de/index.php?cPath=4_5_10

Cheers Marco F

Mark ,marco  thank you very much for reference to nuts and bolt detail , i do appreciate it  in my impatience i have settled for  2 meng nuts and bolt  sets  and have nade a start on the engine casing ,its taken 4 baths of oven cleaner to strip the chrome from the plastic, it was pretty resilient , I'll  update soon , thanks  again for your help