REVELL 1/48 TORNADO GR4

So I think I let my guard down with this kit and the rear area reared up and bit me in the bottom 😣 just could not for the life of me to get it aligned and it is now a problem. Other than this headache and the port side air intake being a bit iffy all has gone well though with the fit

48699973023_0238a36b04_z.jpg20190908_153806 by Rob Jones, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

So after a delay due to getting away, all the filler work and re-scribing is done..small problem with the flaps though. The instruction call out is wrong for the fixing and mounting and then a small piece of plastic broke away from the wing while trying to sort it 🙄 im now waiting for a reply from revell as to spares for the flaps as I am now positioning flaps up!

48771624967_1fb97c2de6_z.jpg20190921_085443 by Rob Jones, on Flickr

On 22/09/2019 at 11:06, bar side said:

I remember thinking the tabs on the flaps looked all wrong & maybe even upside down.  Most broke off to.  Got them to fit in the end & they look ok

mVZslOods9fEwvnnKXIt0jFAjoDi1W8tCowqHhFh

Hi, 

Yeah, they're mounted wrong on instructions and I never clocked it till too late. I completely rogered the flaps trying to fix it 🙄 this build is starting to hack me off slightly, not a lot has gone right at this stage! 

20191001_105233 20191001_122104

So after awaiting the spares from revell to continue they only supplied flaps for one wing 🙄 out comes the plasticard and bodge the wing! Will to carry on has been lost but at least I'm at painting stage!! 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

So whilst I've been slowly losing the will with this build I've had a lil side project for the local college my dad works at painting up some 3d printings for them for a games design course

https://flic.kr/p/2hsvL1c

5 hours ago, phildagreek said:

Looks good despite your struggles!

I knew this kit was going to be a challenge but if you persist it does build into a beaut of a tornado and I am Much happier with it now 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I havnt been too busy with this recently but I have been silently doing lil bits.  So I've encountered this when gloss coating and something ive never encountered before! like a wierd matting across parts of the finish? I've used 50/50 X22 and tamiya thinner which is over Mr hobby primer and tamiya medium sea grey and the kit hasn't been lying around so I can't think of anything getting on it to affect the finish...really confused? Any ideas from folks out there that may have encountered this? 

https://flic.kr/p/2hCq8WT

https://flic.kr/p/2hCq8Wx

Can I ask what people go to for gloss coat after using tamiya and Mr Hobby combo? Is future still an option and where is it available now or is there an alternative? Completely thrown by this matting effect that has happened! 

Can’t really help I am afraid.  I do still have a bottle of old formula Klear that still gets a seed from time t time & seems to not react with anything.  I seem to have got away with using extra decal adhesive solution & then softener followed by Humbrol matt spray or games workshop purity seal and skip the gloss coat stage

• 2 weeks later...