REVELL 1/48 TORNADO GR4

A few of us here have built this kit recently. Have a look at my and other builds as there are a couple of traps in the kit, particularly around the forward fuselage and wing sweep areas.

• Like 1

On 22/08/2019 at 11:32, Bell209 said:

A few of us here have built this kit recently. Have a look at my and other builds as there are a couple of traps in the kit, particularly around the forward fuselage and wing sweep areas.

Hi, 

Been doing a lot of looking at builds on this as working on nights and progress is slow going but my plan of flaps and slats extended may change as I go along? Just one join at a time i suppose and plenty of dry fitting.....time will tell 😁

Hello mate

Have plans to do this one myself. Don't know if this is of interest but here's ZD716 going low level through the Lakes in Jan. I managed to catch it twice in one day which was quite nice. Note where the gold trim along the rear spine is beginning to chip.

Pete 

_DSC0452 Tornado GR4 ZD716

• Like 8

3 hours ago, petetasker said:

Hello mate

Have plans to do this one myself. Don't know if this is of interest but here's ZD716 going low level through the Lakes in Jan. I managed to catch it twice in one day which was quite nice. Note where the gold trim along the rear spine is beginning to chip.

Pete 

_DSC0452 Tornado GR4 ZD716

You mind if I keep for referencing, that's a stonking pic and so much better lighting conditions than when I saw her! Was so dark and overcast by the time they flew over us and just starting to drizzle.

Suppose those reverse buckets batter the paintwork back there on landing? 

• Like 1

Hi again  The afternoon sortie from the other side. Again you can see the damage to the gold trim caused by the reverse thrust. As we understood it the 31 aircraft was going to go through the Lakes in the morning with the 9 bird following in the afternoon - found this out after it had happened. Typically the 9 Sqn aircraft went tech (which it seemed prone to doing) so they sent the 31 through again. Within days it was decreed the Tonkas low level days were no more - ah well!

_DSC0557 Tornado GR4 ZD716

• Like 8

Goldstars! Goldstars! Ra! Ra! Ra!

Sorry! Couldn’t help myself! There is no such thing as too many 31 Sqn Tornados!  Thanks for building another one!  There are lots of awesome pictures of Goldstar jets on the Internet in the final years so loads of references. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, petetasker said:

Hi again  The afternoon sortie from the other side. Again you can see the damage to the gold trim caused by the reverse thrust. As we understood it the 31 aircraft was going to go through the Lakes in the morning with the 9 bird following in the afternoon - found this out after it had happened. Typically the 9 Sqn aircraft went tech (which it seemed prone to doing) so they sent the 31 through again. Within days it was decreed the Tonkas low level days were no more - ah well!

_DSC0557 Tornado GR4 ZD716

Awesome!  Many thanks, plus that second pic answers a question....I picked up a litening pod as was sure I'd seen a pic somewhere of her carrying one but couldn't find it but there it is underslung on the photo, brilliant 👍🤙

Having trouble with my flickr links for some reason? Will look into it? 

Why have eduard used a dark sea Grey for the photo etch rather than medium sea grey? There is a definite difference between bang seat and cockpit colour and now I'm in two minds as to what to do? Do I change cockpit colour to same as seats so it all matches or bodge some medium sea grey onto etch to make it look like running repairs and wear and tear? Any advice welcome? 

All going well so far, couple of issues with wrong numbered parts but test fitting all parts and constructing fuselage separately has helped. Only snag is the airbrake wells not sitting right even though its flush against the blank plate but still protruding?

48679792571_bc8b347b4c_z.jpg20190904_225404 by Rob Jones, on Flickr

48679962832_6d2da14897_z.jpg20190904_225344 by Rob Jones, on Flickr

Hi Nice work.

Don't think the airbrake bay sticking out a little is an issue - think it is designed that way. Certainly is the case on the F-3 and the next part to the rear sits over the protruding parts - in fact this forms part of the pretty positive alignment.. Hopefully this is also the case on the GR4..

Matt