Telic Challenger 2

This is my effort at the desertised Challenger 2 from Tamiya, presented as tank No2 from 4 Troop, C Squadron, Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, 8th Armoured Brigade, Iraq, April 2003, although I was tempted to do a hybrid version of all the tanks covered by the kit decals as the subdued Saltires and/or the Scottish dragons looked pretty cool too.   Base colour is Tamiya TS-46 from a spray can, weathered with MIG washes and some pigment.  I'm not happy with my photography set-up, the pigments look far more red than they actually are.  I might have another go later.  The wire-cutter was inspired by an image I found on-line and following discussion for the crew uniforms I decided to go with desert cams and DPM body armour for a contrast.  I hope that's plausible.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions and on with the pics:

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

A few more pics, I’m still working on the composition/background/camera set up.

48594210801_a2e25230cd_b.jpg

48594210796_19814cd160_b.jpg

48594349547_4fab969569_b.jpg

Also, I forgot to mention that I used Bronco tracks which were easy to assemble, although with so little of them actually showing I’m not sure the extra cost and effort was worth it, as well as VMS fine hull texture for the anti-slip paint (possibly a bit too fine although it caught the underlying green paint well) and the Eduard PE set, most of which I didn’t use, bar a few pieces, such as the drivers vision slit, GPMG rear sight  and hatch handles that looked pretty good.

• Like 1