1/72 F-111D Aardvark

Hi all,

Here's my 1/72 Hasegawa F-111D that I just finished. I used some Eduard PE on it, mainly in the cockpit, and used a mix of Superscale and kit decals. Painted with Gunze and Tamiya. I wanted to add a pair of Eduard AIM-9's, but those PE fins are really testing my patience and skills, so they might be added later.

hxKGzYB.jpg

WXZhADB.jpg

Ojy5jr6.jpg

LBy4PkF.jpg

And the cockpit during construction:

kXysuOi.jpg

EeriqzH.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 45
  • Thanks 1

Great looking build you have done there. How did you do the camouflage did you use available masks or do it another way and also the panel lines are very subtlety done.

Regards

Robert

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Great looking build you have done there. How did you do the camouflage did you use available masks or do it another way and also the panel lines are very subtlety done.

Regards

Robert

Thanks! I used a pencil to draw the pattern on the model, and then rolls of white tack for masking. Nothing fancy. The panellines were done with a light pastel wash.

37 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Nicely done Pete, just wondering what colour you used for the wheel wells and landing gears struts?

:thumbsup:

Thank you. I just used white paint (Tamiya) on the wells and struts. The wheels were done with aluminium paint, but on the real ones white was used as well. Just check your refs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Creepy Pete said:

Maybe because Hasegawa put it in the same box as the F, which did see combat, so that is a more popular subject to build.

Plus, there's something about that big honking Pave Tack.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1