reporting in...

2Step

Hi,

after ,literally, a couple of posts, I thought it might be friendly if I introduce myself:

I've been modelling (and I mean building plastic kits, not the phot0 thing) for roundabout 40 years. Not that the kits always show that.

I have always tried to build models of whatever I was interested at that time ... which makes for a somewhat colorful collection. About 10 moves during that time frame also made for some damages that not always got repaired ...

Lately I try to concentrate the financial resources and the available display room on Luftwaffe WWII kits (with a tendency to the unusual type/Luft 46) in 1/48 and the German Navy with ships in 1/144 and a/c in 1/72.  Also, racing cars in 1/20 and 1/24 ....Obviously it is the Luftwaffe interest that made me find this forum.

I am not sure what the photo policy is here, but here are some links to some of the WWII kits

flying stuff:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uY6EjW0AfIHK87013

grounded things:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V12izJfEOQKDwlRH2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p5ktKGiG9N5DWZsV2

I know that a lot of details are not correct, sometimes due to lack of my ability and sometimes I did not care. I still appreciate constructive criticism and am always happy to learn something new. May it be historic facts or modelling tips. Oh ja, one last thing: I really s**k with an airbrush, so all my kits are done with a regular brush (and a few rattle cans). So: please have mercy on the paint jobs :))

Looking forward to browse here

2Step

• Like 7

Good stuff but no matter how much you like German aircraft from that time I don't see why you would want to put German decals on a P 51  mustang my friend 

Edited by Joel Abery
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Joel Abery said:

Good stuff but no matter how much you like German aircraft from that time I don't see why you would want to put German decals on a P 51  mustang my friend 

Why not? It happened, and we shouldn't deny history. Personally, I get tired of seeing the same old markings on the same old aircraft time after time, a bit of variety adds interest. Cutting Edge Modelworks makes very nice sets of Zirkus Rosarius decals to aid you in making it interesting. I need to finish off my P-47 and Mosquito...

Gidday 2step, quite a collection you have here. You mentioned German Navy vessels, any photos? And regarding the P-51 in German insignia, I've seen that before also, although my memory fails me as to where. Welcome aboard. Regards, Jeff.

Thanks for the welcome ...

@ Joel: well, I said I like the oddities and the theme is German aircraft of the time, so when I when I got my hands on a P51 (it'a an old Monogram kit) I decided on the (fake) markings of a "Zirkus Rosarius" plane. (The decals are "left overs".) That exact a/c did not exist, but the pattern is more or less correct. Maybe it's because I am German 😉

-- Sorry, I was trying to attach a couple of pics of P51 "Beute" aircraft, but seem to be unable to manage?

[just found out in the Help section that this is not possible, only URL, sorry]

@ Arnold:

here you go: https: //photos.app.goo.gl/8ByCfsVd67yg1GEt8

(The Fletcher actually made it into the top 12 of a Revell Germany contest, the only price I ever won 😊

Thanks for looking

Edited by 2Step
additional after the fact remark

bonjour bullbasket

I only on one occasion drove one of those things (but that is another story completely - it did not survive).

Besides the a/c kits, I am also trying to recreate the atmosphere of an airfield. Unfortunately, a lot of the maintenance stuff etc., buildings and such need to be scratch build. I do always look jealously at the 1/35 guys and all the trucks and small cars they have available that would also look very nicely on my little aerodrome. I have a couple of armor on the field (for security), but I prefer the "utility" vehicles ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2Step said:

https: //photos.app.goo.gl/8ByCfsVd67yg1GEt8

Gidday 2Step, thanks for the quick response but this doesn't seem to work. In your previous post the addresses were underlined but not this one, would that make a difference? I don't really understand these things. Regards, Jeff.

16 hours ago, 2Step said:

I am not sure what the photo policy is here, but here are some links to some of the WWII kits

photos need to be hosted somewhere, and not too big.  That's about it.

this caught my eye

UeuUPPIouEysl0qOt6OLkro0-JWVcwaafFvmz4HZ

and this, Zoukei Mura?

6NQ-Hh4mvbHaqWKmTxIP0sIJOf8xqs_7vGSCO6Pq

I like the dioramas a lot, very creative.

the above i just right clicked, 'copy image location, and then paste in BTW.

cheers

T

@ Troy: Thanks for the tip!

Yes, it's the Zoukei Mura.

Actually, the pictures are not really dioramas. They are from one airfield display I am trying to build (still under construction) with different scenes. As I mentioned earlier, I am very interested in the world around the a/c and attempting to recreate it on that airfield. Of course, it is in no way realistic as there is no way to build this in scale in my hobby room. Everything is sitting more or less on top of each other. But as long as I am having fun... I am calling it "Erprobungskommando Westerwald"

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4v5TymenTHiwZRJw6

(ok, you don't have to say anything, I do admit, I went a little bit overboard here, but everybody with a hobby is somewhat gaga, or???)(... and this is also work in progress)

@ Arnold: glad it worked, thanks for the praise

41 minutes ago, 2Step said:

(ok, you don't have to say anything, I do admit, I went a little bit overboard here, but everybody with a hobby is somewhat gaga, or???

G-pJnrk0E80edqiZs-lRLf5CdahQNDjbVUS6r92D

ahahhahahahaha , yes. That's funny.  Lovely attention detail!

May I suggest putting up some of this in Ready For Inspection,  the links are fine,  but if you are just wandering around the site they don't always get clicked...

cheers

T

Troy,

I am not sure what exactly you mean with "putting some of this up". I do have a google pictures folder for all my completed kits. I would be happy to post those links in the "ready for inspection" forum. Currently I'd rather not have to put them up somewhere else to post them here.

So, if that is OK, I could do that. I also don't want to flood the forum with all my builds over the last 10 years, although I would be happy to show them off, for whatever it is worth 😜

22 minutes ago, 2Step said:

I would be happy to post those links in the "ready for inspection" forum. Currently I'd rather not have to put them up somewhere else to post them here.

All I meant is to do what I have done,  copy and past in a few images,  posting the lot up would be a faff, but a couple here and a link to the google pics is all I meant. 

Sad to say, me and others, can't always be bothered to click the link...we want it HERE, NOW! with no extra effort :rolleyes: 

I don't think adding some build here will flood the forum, if anything, it will add to it.  

cheers

T

ApNREx1.jpg I looked in the HELP section for, well ... help. Someone suggested resizing with MS paint and uploading to Imgur. That worked ok, but the forum would not accept the URL to display the pic. 😫

I'll try again next weekend when I have  a bit more time 

Edited by 2Step
test
  • Like 6

... and now after clicking ENTER the picture is there ... I would just like to know which of my various tries worked out 🤮

Does that pictures meet the rules of the forum??

On 18/08/2019 at 16:00, 2Step said:

Does that pictures meet the rules of the forum??

Looks fine, not too big, not too small.

On 18/08/2019 at 13:04, 2Step said:

I also don't want to flood the forum with all my builds over the last 10 years, although I would be happy to show them off, for whatever it is worth

Another thought, it's always good to have some details on the model, make, hwo you found it to buiold, and what it repsents,  so if adding those detail and some relevant pictures will of great interest, to me, and others,  as on brief look you have made some fascinating models, and the diorama above is just stunning.

@Badder  and @BIG X  would find that of interest.   More on how you created that, and if it based on a real airfield,  would be most appreciated.

cheers

T

• Like 1

Fantastich dio TStep. I am envious. Some superbly crafted/painted models there. Although I wouldn't fancy having to dust it all. How DO you keep it all clean?

Rearguards,

Badder

@ Badder

Thanks for the kind words. The secret is: they are not clean 😊 Actually, I brush the kits from time to time with a very soft brush. The dio has been redone now a couple of times due to some moves (you can see that the rear part is not finished yet). Those moves also  put some extra wear and tear on the kits themselves - they are not only dusty but some broken antennae, missing little bits here and there ....

And no, it is not based on a real airfield. The "book" was just an idea because I like to play around with PowerPoint. I just used the google earth picture of where I currently live and build a big airfield right there on top, made out of other forms and satellite shots.

To call the diorama an Erprobungskommado was just my way of justifying to put so many different aircraft in one spot, especially so many eccentrics... The diorama itself mostly came from my wish to rebuild some of the activities on a real airfield. I also like to scratchbuild the buildings, but only partly so they don't take away too much room. It is also a place to put the kits that are too big for my shelves (like the Fw200).

I am glad you guys like it.

@ Troy

Now that I have figured it out, I will start to put up my builds in the ready for inspection part.

• Like 1