Crossing the Rabbi. Finished.

49 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Hi Keith. Yes, they were made of a rope like material with hessian strips, and as you can imagine, they were very absorbent. We used to have to camouflage our Bedford RLs with signal bodies and the cam nets used to catch on every hook & protrusion. It was not fun especially with the OC telling you to get a move on because the PR Canberras were on their way. Happy days.

This is one of the best things about this forum, getting such great info from people who have 'been there, done that'! :)

Keith

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Many thanks for the comments and thanks for following the wip. It's the first time that I've used the Deluxe Products Solid Water, and I have to say that it's very easy to use.

John. 

How easy was it to make the little waves?

1 hour ago, sanfrandragon said:

How easy was it to make the little waves?

Reasonably. Because I used a painted polystyrene ceiling tile as the base with lots of bobbles, and built up the water in layers, it tended to follow the bobbles, thereby making waves. I also used a flat half inch brush.

HTH's.

John.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soeren said:

Hey John,  this is a really nice looking scene and the river water turned out nice. Foliage to a tank model is not very often seen and a great addition as well

Hi Soeren, and thanks for the comments. The foliage is something that I didn't get around to doing when I first built it, but after looking at the photo of the real tank realised that it was missing. I also added a new bow MG as somehow, the original had dropped off (you can see that it's missing in the WIP). That's why the ball mount is a slightly different shade of green.

John.