Jagdpanther somewhere in France 1944

Hey there I did my Meng Jagdpanther that, I just bought to have remains for a Dragon 2 in 1 to do 2 tanks there, because it had 2 complete hulls. With my Dragon Panther Kit addiction I finally realized, I wouldnt have needed that at all.

So, should have been just a test build for painting and trying some different and new products. But then looked through my stash and found various Dio related parts like the tank crew in rearming mode and the animals plus some fuel drums and tank barriers.

So a scene needed to be made.

Here you go.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

48554549422_da18fc2efe_k.jpg

• Like 21

Hi Soeren,

That's a lovely little scene you've made there, making good use of those odds and ends from your 'One day these may be useful for a diorama' stash.

I too have the Tamiya ammo loading crew kit, but as yet I haven't made a 'summer' tank for them to load up, so they remain in their box. I have to say that when I opened my box I was rather disappointed because the the guy passing up the round has the largest hands and fingers of any 1/35th figure I've ever seen;  so large that it put me off the idea of ever using him. But I must say that your figures look fantastic; well painted, well positioned and the huge hands don't jump out at me and scream 'huge hands!'

Your Jagdpanther is well made and beautifully painted with an interesting camo scheme, and is a lovely addition to your set. And amongst your 'odds and ends' I do like how youve painted the donkey/mule. It's very hard to get some animal skins/furs looking realistic, but you've captured that shiny, slightly greasy coat perfectly.

My only criticism would be that the Jagdpanther needs to be sunk into the mud, or have the mud oozed up beside and over the tracks. If you were too worried about pressing your model into wet plaster/clay to bed it in more realistically, you could do what I do and place clingfilm over the wet plaster/clay and then press your model down into it. You can then wait for the plaster/clay to start setting and then remove your model cleanly, without any plaster sticking to or dirtying the tracks. Once dry and painted, you can place your model in the ruts without 'sticking' it in place.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Thanks 1

Hey Badder,

thank you very much for taking your time to comment and for the helpful suggestion.

I would have liked to di this in a "colder" muddier scene when I started. But I found I couln´t make that a convincing ground work.

So I came up with the idea to make a hard packed country road with sime damp areas. Indeed I also pressed some spare tracks down to give it some ground texture, but as you correctly pointed out, it wasn´t enough to squeeze out the dirt. So in the ende I just put in and around some textured pigments and fixed with some alkyd binder. But considering this to be hard packed, I convinced myself that the tracks ride on top of the dirt. There are examples of that. But sitting a bit deeper in the dirt wouldn´t be bad at all. Will try to improve there next time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love that Tamiya cat on the turret - nice 'ginger tom' camo ;)

Seriously great work mate - but what is that MONSTER I can see lurking under the bench in the last photo...

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That really is very impressive! In fact all three are amazing! Very well done! :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you very much Stix.

2 hours ago, BIG X said:

I love that Tamiya cat on the turret - nice 'ginger tom' camo ;)

Seriously great work mate - but what is that MONSTER I can see lurking under the bench in the last photo...

Hey BigX, thank you as well. The MONSTER is one if my RCed 1/16th scale Panthers that still is under construction. It needs a better recoil  after modification of the elevation unit. 

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 2

@Simon Errington

For the price you can't go wrong with the Men kit. It has its pros and cons though. But nothing that would convince me of not getting the kit. I was very excited when it was announced but still almost passed it. I still would rate the Dragon kits higher. Although these also have their cons. Especially the spare track link hangers. But atm the 2in1 kits are an amazing offer, especially when you can get them on discount 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Soeren said:

@Simon Errington

For the price you can't go wrong with the Men kit. It has its pros and cons though. But nothing that would convince me of not getting the kit. I was very excited when it was announced but still almost passed it. I still would rate the Dragon kits higher. Although these also have their cons. Especially the spare track link hangers. But atm the 2in1 kits are an amazing offer, especially when you can get them on discount 

Might put one on my christmas list. Ive currently got a a couple of other armoured projects in the works and im debating starting a MKIV ww1 dio but it has full interior and frankly i dont know if i can be bottomed with such a project. I did the Bradley M2A3 with interior not so long back and it was pretty epic and took too much of my time.