This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
spruecutter96

Netflix's Mindhunter Series 2

Hello, Folks. 

I have just watched a good wedge of the new "Mindhunter" series on Netflix. Maybe not quite as compelling as the first series, but still VERY well worth a watch.

Beautifully shot, well-written, well-acted and proper, adult-orientated storylines. l will be having a look to see how close it is to the real events that inspired it.

This is an example of the streaming-service at its absolute best..... 

Highly recommended. 

Chris. 

I loved the first series and am very much looking forward to the second. I just need to finish the final two episodes of ST Discovery first!

On 8/16/2019 at 9:17 PM, lasermonkey said:

I loved the first series and am very much looking forward to the second. I just need to finish the final two episodes of ST Discovery first!

I think you will be very impressed with the new series.... It's "proper" telly. David Fincher is one of the most intelligent directors working today. 

Chris. 

Not one I have seen but, I will add to my watch list!

Allan

SWMBO was addicted to Series 1, I'll have to tell her Series 2 is now available.  Should get me some brownie points :)

I'm now two episodes into series 2 and loving it!

Cheers,

Mark.

Big favourite in our house too. The Kemper character is quietly terrifying and a spot on bit of casting, whereas some others come off as 'a bit of a foo-foo' including a certain celebrity who I won't mention (spoilers).

Proper quality TV. Not to sound obsessed with these guys, but 'the Bundy tapes' is an amazing documentary too. I thought I knew about him, but I had no idea. Hopefully Mindhunter continues long enough for him to crop up too.

Don't worry I watch stuff about normal people too, like thirteen reasons wh...……   oh? 😳

Steve.

PS great job with the swear filter Mike 😁

Edited by Bennygman

On 13/09/2019 at 01:30, lasermonkey said:

I'm now two episodes into series 2 and loving it!

That's where I'm at too.  Quite enjoying it, and after SPOILER ALERT

Holden's apparent increasing lack of empathy/humanity toward the end of the first series, culminating in his panic attack

it's taking an interesting more ensemble based theme.

I thought the "Charlie M" scene felt a bit tacked-on, to be honest. It didn't seem to have any real relevance to the plot and was more a celebrity guest-appearance than anything else.

Having said that, the Ed Kemper scene seemed to be there more 'cos the fans wanted it and would be in uproar if he didn't make an appearance. Don't get me wrong, I think Ed Kemper is the best thing in the first series. If you watch the real Ed on Youtube, the actor playing him talks in a slower, much weirder way than the man does in reality (very deliberately, I'm sure). 

Enjoy Series 2, folks. 

Chris.